As much as I like TDECU

I miss the chaotic energy of The Rob. There was something really gritty about playing in that stadium.

12 Likes

There were definitely ways stadium could of been expanded, but unfortunately there are photos of how part of the concrete structure was falling apart of coroding

The upgrade was definitely needed. No way we get into Big 12 without it.

3 Likes

True. But our tailgating just seems too commercial now. I can’t stand it. It was superior at the Rob and alot of it hasto do with the stadium re-orientation.

8 Likes

But now we have the city skyline, at least that’s what we were sold.

1 Like

Only to be blocked by the football training facility LOL

10 Likes

A palm tree referendum is forthcoming.

11 Likes

Robertson sucked. There wasn’t a redeeming feature about it, except for tailgating space.

6 Likes

The sight lines to the field were perfect in that stadium.

4 Likes

Bathrooms discouraged loitering.

20 Likes

It had palm trees. Delete post ban user

3 Likes

You pretty much had to be in your seat on sidelines to see the game. You could stand on end zone concourses sometimes but cameras picked you up.

1 Like

That “Gritty” thing is called WINNING.

If we start winning at TDECU it will become just as fun of a stadium experience.

9 Likes

That’s exactly what it is. Nobody is saying they miss the old basketball arena. :joy::joy:

Both sides of the Rob would have had to come down and rebuilt. Probably more expensive to begin new.

I miss the great tailgating we used to have…

3 Likes

Me too. I missed all the Coogfans.com cookout competitions and my old drinking buddies, including you.

2 Likes

I dont think we know each other lol

While yes, the tailgating right next to the stadium was great… beyond that I think tailgating is better because there is so much more of it.

The only things I liked about Robertson was the classic facade. Also, the nostalgic factor of going to games there as a student and all the memories with buddies there. The tailgating was awesome too, I agree. But I sure am glad we tore that sucker down.