Astros in the 2022 World Series

Verlander couldn’t hold on to a 5 run lead. Pathetic. James Harden of the World Series.

1 Like

JV has a WS championship on his resume.

James Harden has never won a championship.

1 Like

Hes also been really good in the playoffs outside of the Series. Hardens numbers werent great in any round of the playoffs.

Heres some hopium for yall, JVs gotten a 2nd start in 3 of the 4 WS hes pitched in. Hes allowed less runs in each of the 2nd starts (1 ER, 2 ER, and 3 ER respectively).

It’s on Dusty. That 1970’s “he’s gonna stay out there” stuff isn’t the way to do it in the series. If you’re not on it then you need to come out. There are plenty of guys available with live arms. So many what if’s in this game. You could say the Phillies got all the breaks in the field. But things change quickly. They’ll go cold, too. We need the next 2 to establish dominance.

3 Likes

Framber can be a good stopper.

Verlander seemed to start pressing when he gave up a couple of hits. He tried to hurry his way back into a groove and just got out of whack.

And we had too many guys with uncompetitive at-bats as the game went on. Mancini probably shouldn’t see the field again, but Diaz trying to play hero ball wasn’t any better.

They were going to lose a game or two, and our strength is depth, so we’re still in good shape with a win tonight.

2 Likes

Diaz and Mancini are a FAIL. This is probably one of the biggest negatives about Click this year. So many players out there that can make contact and we have two that can’t make it out of the batter’s box.

2 Likes

Speaking of Diaz, I learned that a batter can lean in to a pitch and it still be called a ball. There should be a rule that if a batter does this, it’s a strike or called out. The batter should not be rewarded for leaning in.

But the pitch was still a ball.

If he had learned out of the plate the ump can call it a strike.

2 Likes

It’s not just Diaz and Mancini.

Altuve has contributed very little at the plate.

1 Like

Well, if its a ball and he is charged with a pitch then really what difference does it make? He gets a bruise and doesn’t advance to first. If you’re saying charge him for playing the ump then that woukd be fine.

My problem with Mancini and Diaz is they’re both in the designated hitter slot. If they had to play the field I’d agree. But they are contributing nothing

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’m saying. Not that it happens very often, but the batter should be penalized for attempting to deceive the umpire.

1 Like

He shouldnt be awarded a base but in what world should the pitcher ever be rewarded for throwing a ball?

1 Like

If the batter gets hit, do we really know for sure it was a ball? Umpires have a hard enough time with calls as it is.

Who cares

You do, apparently.

Pitcher should learn to throw strikes

Nice to see Framber get his due on the national stage.
Lead MLB in innings pitched and still that dominate now.

3 Likes

Glad to see Altuve breaking out of his slump. I expect to see more offense from him going forward as the Phillies trot out their #3 and #4 starting pitchers.

5 Likes

I think they can tell if its a strike or not.

I’m ready for some baseball.

1 Like