Astros-Minors

Depends on the guy.

He’s not coming out of HS. He was one of the top hitters in College when drafted……if he shows he can handle AA then it’s not too early.
It’s never a one size fits all with these guys.

I know he doubled in his first AA at bat tonight.

I’m gonna go watch him play tomorrow and Friday.

1 Like

Didn’t Bregman come up pretty fast also.Drafted in 2015 and came up in 2016

Sure did……he signed quickly and got a lot of AB’s the same year he was drafted….but yes, his second year he played AA, then a quick stop in AAA and was with the Astros the same year….there are a couple guys from last years draft class that are in MLB already so it’s possible.

I remember being at his major league debut. Standing ovation basically every at bat, you would think Mickey Mantle was up. Lol

And remember, it took Bregman forever to get a hit if I recall……

Edit: 0-18 to start.

Yeah, I think Hinch moved him up in the lineup to show confidence in him and he finally got going. Maybe Baker should do the same for Abreu. :joy:

Abreu for lead off!!!

1 Like

Astros
LHP Trey Dombroski

1 Like

Yeah. He’s one of those college arms from the 22’ draft I was talking about….

I was gonna write a blurb on them and just got busy….going to watch Gilbert again tonight if we don’t get washed out.

San Antonio pitching was good last night and he had 2 of the 5 hits, both doubles….he clearly looks like the best position player on the team and there are some good ones……Will Wagner is gonna be a player.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1657130749244461062?t=7VBsXEWSSwP6Tzg73td1JQ&s=19

Update on Forrest Whiltley.

2 Likes

Great to hear.

Hope he can gain some consistency….be an upgrade over Bielak for sure.

Said he was up to 100mph last time out.

3 Likes

Drew Gilbert & not sure of the other short guy. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s obviously extremely early but last years draft may turn out to be the best one in a long while.

Zach Dezenzo ( 6’4” 220 )was picked in the 12th round out of Ohio St.
He played SS there and has played mostly SS so far in the minors but can play any infield position including 1b.

His senior year for the Buckeyes he hit 19 HR, 18 D, and 56 RBI, .319 ave, with an OPS of 1.114 in a little over 200 AB.

Last year at Fayetteville( A) after signing he did okay but struckout a bit much.

They moved him up to high A ball Asheville this year.

AB-88, R-28, D-7, HR-3, RBI-16 AVE-.386, OPS-1.048

Strikeouts are still a bit high but he does draw walks at a good clip as well.

Definitely worth a follow.

4 Likes

Now hitting .414 :shushing_face:

1 Like

I think last year’s class is going to be a monster….I’ll put together a little basic report on the SP’s we drafted in the top 10 rounds.

But we could see another 3-4 position players make it to the big club on some level…

And the new GM is going to get all the credit when those guys turn up in the majors. :laughing:

Clicks input was minimal…all scouts baby, especially after the first few rounds.

I get it, but those guys won’t get the glory.

Our young pup Clifford who was promoted a couple weeks back from “A” to high “A” as a 19 year old started off slow…but has settled in and hit two HR’s today.

Melton who started off slowly( was playing with a back issue) and missed a bit of time( also high “A”) is starting to let the tools ring loud—-picked up his 7th HR and 15th SB today.

Future Astros outfield of Gilbert, Melton and Clifford could be FILTHY in a couple of years.

Tucker will not be getting 300M from the Astros.

1 Like