Attendance estimate for home opener

1 Like

100,000 screaming Rice fans demanding revenge on Wake Forest for their QB

Both of the Rice fans have an opportunity to demand revenge Saturday night . . . . .

3 Likes

22k I’m shocked lots of people have over 30k :astonished::astonished::astonished: in actual attendance.

Weak opponent has lots to do with it.

3 Likes

I’ll bet PV brings a lot of fans.
I gave my 8 tickets away to an employee and they are using all of them.

I’ll be there with three. I assume we’ll have about 28K with an announcement of about 32K. I wish it was higher but I saw a few posters from other threads stating “who cares about Prairie-View”. I assume they will be the no shows.

1 Like

Hard to say. I was pretty sick yesterday. If I get feeling a lot better I may come. A lot of people are down with this stuff going around. If I make don’t sit near me.

PVA&M should have more in the seats than most visitors, plus their band takes up a lot of seats. Plus Lady Khator said students that want in can come in. Should be decent and a night game helps.

1 Like

Hope the PVAM band is like Ocean of Soul. That will be very entertaining.
#GoCoogs!

Our regular group of 7 will be there. My buddy said that he thought he heard Calhouns did not renew their lease. Has anyone else heard about that?

My group of 24 will be short 10…I have extras…ugh

Yep…Calhoun’s is no more. I believe that another place will be filling their spot shortly, but I don’t believe that it’s open yet.

Who are the Calhouns?

It’s open, called Extra Credit Rooftop. Saw them advertising lately.

2 Likes

Very good track record in Houston, including “The “Fish”

3 Likes

The first time I went to Calhoun’s before a game I really enjoyed it. The next few times it took forever to get a drink. The last three times I left after standing in a line of less than three people for 10 minutes and never getting served. It’s a cool atmosphere so hopefully the service gets better.

I’ve known Michael and his family my whole life. Both his sister and brother are UH grads, so he comes from a Cougar family. Glad they got it up and running again so quickly.

Taking my 5 year old son to his first game today and my wife thinks I’m going to lose him.

Wife: You have to stay close to daddy. There will be thousands of people there.
Son: Like 100,000?
Me: Some day son…some day.

2 Likes