Attendance is OK so far! (TURN THE COURT AND THE CAMERAS)

I don’t live in Houston anymore but the attendance looks poor on TV. Can someone that goes to the games shed some light on this? Friday night, top 15 team coming off a Final Four and we can’t put 7k in the arena? Disappointing. I hope the Virginia game has Fertita Center rocking and the place stays filled after that.

Camera faces the wrong direction. Attendance/atmosphere is fine.

11 Likes

Attendance was at around 6k last night. The camera angle of the gray seats didn’t do it justice.

3 Likes

We should petition for them to move cameras to other side because our student section was spirited last night and band was lit.

11 Likes

We have sold out season season tickets at 6K, students claimed all over the1000+.

What you are seeing on tv is the club seating.
In the next year or two the cameras will be moved to the other side.

4 Likes

The attendance was better then the first game. It was reasonably good. I believe we are close to 1000 seats away from looking really good on tv.

2 Likes

Sold tickets and actual attendance are two different things. I agree the camera needs to be moved.

2 Likes

Does anyone see what’s happening across the country? Arizona was playing in an empty arena last night against UTRGV.

8 Likes

Like ALL Houston sports… The stadium/arena is NEVER full at 7 PM… EVER.

5 Likes

It looked really good in the 2nd half… Until people started leaving to beat traffic… Just stay for the whole game and enjoy the win folks.

3 Likes

People that complain about our attendance don’t watch college basketball. It’s really that simple.

9 Likes

They probably just see Big East and ACC games on the TV… They normally have good crowds… Similar to our crowds now.

1 Like

Traffic on 45 from Clear Lake area was terrible. Took us about an hour to get to the game. Was entering just as lights went out for introductions. Sure being a Friday night traffic was terrible for anybody outside the beltway.

4 Likes

Both Rice fans were there.

7 Likes

We have sold out the season. It will always be tough to get everyone there for weekday games in Houston. That won’t change.

There are plenty of people that buy season tickets knowing they won’t make every game.

4 Likes

Same here. Drive on 45 was rough. Got there half way through the first half. Much better crowd than the opener. Great energy for our Coogs.

3 Likes

The AAC is basically going to have another Temple or ECU in Rice. If they were thinking Rice for the tv market then they are dillusional. Rice brings nothing for TV ratings.

1 Like

I remember reading a rumor that espn wasn’t interested in Rice moving to the AAC. I’m thinking espn told Aresco to get to 14 schools for the content and the conference could keep the same payout. The private school presidents probably decided to add Rice for the similar profile and them promising to spend money on athletics.

1 Like

My niece was running late to get to our house due to traffic. We got there right at tip off. It doesn’t help when Cullen is under construction because we were stuck behind a white van that dropped off 15 young men (maybe a high school team) at main entrance. Not a gripe. It is what it is with traffic and construction right now.

4 Likes

I watch plenty of college basketball. Probably more than you. I see schools like Tech, Baylor, UK, Duke, schools we are going to be competing with for years to come, that pack their arenas every night. So many excuses from Houston fans for years and years. Other fans make it a priority to get to the game early and stay late. Leave work early, prepare for traffic. Let’s stop being THAT school and make a change to our approach. That team and the Sampson family deserve it.

4 Likes