Attendance is OK so far! (TURN THE COURT AND THE CAMERAS)

I live in NC… It was just a joke. :joy:

1 Like

I have no idea how to fix the no show problem; however, as some have noted, the crowd that does show up is very spirited and that arena is loud. Very fun atmosphere.

Move the cameras to the other side! Those empty gray seats are pathetic to look at on TV. Thank you for the money, but bad planning on positioning the cameras.

3 Likes

Baylor’s opening game was last night. Announced crowd was 8,895 resulting in 86% capacity. So over a thousand short of a sellout for the national Champs!

And UCLA’s crowd of 13,659 looked great last night despite not quite being a 100% sellout but how did the opening night’s crowd of 5,618 look?

13 programs have announced a sellout this year out of 350+ teams.

5 Likes

I guess Jarace Walker and Terrance Arceneaux don’t read as much into the attendance as some of you do.

2 Likes

All I am saying is if going to UH basketball games was the be all end all I’m guessing you could find a way to do it, including not moving in the first place. Whatever brought you to Colorado was more important to you than going to UH basketball games, which was probably a very reasonable decision. It’s hypocritical that you are starting this thread saying no one should be excused from going except you and passing judgment on their reasons for not going.

In terms of no-shows, tickets were like $10 on the secondary market. If someone wanted to go they pretty easily could. If those prices were like $200 there’d be less no shows because people would sell their tickets at those prices instead. Just stating a fact but the no-shows at least bought a ticket and didn’t go, where you didn’t do either. You could have bought some $10 tickets and given them to people you know would attend if you really want more people in the door.

We all want a full arena but complaining on Coogfans doesn’t really do anything to achieve it either.

I agree the camera needs to be moved if it’s possible to do. Email Pez if you want to tell someone with more juice.

3 Likes

I have been impressed with the crowds in the first two games. They might be late arriving due to various reasons but these crowds are a credit to last few years of buzz and the Final Four run last night. If you are not there, you cannot judge from the TV angle due to the Club perspective.

8 Likes

No they brought a visitor…saw it with my own eyes!

2 Likes

I thought this was already announced to be addressed and cameras were going to be flipped this past off-season.

1 Like

I think that’s right now that you mention it. The students court side were lively last night and would have looked great on tv.

1 Like

That is some encomopetence not to get this done. With Covid it not like their was a whole going in the arena other then that AEW Wrestling event.

As a Club ticket season ticket holder, I can tell you that the club was fuller than typical last night. Also I call tell you so many hang out in the club area around the bar instead of sitting.

Additionally, I can tell you I make most but not all games. But I tried giving my tickets away before in past seasons and sometimes it works out great, other times I send them and no one ever shows up or sits in the seats (see on broadcast). I guess since they are free to whoever received them no real regrets in just not showing up.

One last thought, I do think they need to rethink the Club area. Food should be included in ticket price like other club areas and the food should be more craft or gourmet than it is. That will help sell that area. Raise ticket prices if need be but I think these changes will help fill in that section:

3 Likes

We need some of those place sitters like they use at the Oscars.

1 Like

@coogs1 Which platform do you use to sell your season tickets?

StubHub it’s attached to your UHcougars account. Pretty easy to list.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard about Rice and it’s athletics dept, I would not believe anything they say . . . . .

Cool. But I was asking the OP, specifically.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have tickets :smiley:

Edit: This T- Shirt fan does though! :thinking:

Shhh… You guys are ruining my big “ah-ha!” moment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have season tickets of some really great seats and when I can’t make the games, a lot of times they don’t sell on StubHub, and no one I ask will use them.

The OP clearly doesn’t realize how weak the demand is for most games.

3 Likes

I knew which road you were going down. :wink:

1 Like

anyone else in the second ward? ez to get to UH games, also, attendance looks much better if you are able to see the other side