Baldwin Charged

What a crazy situation to begin with. Why would you have live rounds on a movie set? Is that normal practice?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I guess if you point a real gun at someone you should always check to see if it is loaded, which apparently he did not do.

3 Likes

You should have to check the gun & bullets out from an armory if it is going to be used on set,

That way there is accountability…

1 Like

I guess they charged the armorer and Baldwin…

Imo the blanks should be serialized and signed for by the person receiving the weapon that they confirmed the SN of the bullets being loaded when checked out…

Then there is no confusion about accountability.

If you pick up a weapon, the first thing you do is check it. You check that the safety is on, you check the load which in a revolver you take a bullet out and look at it. Most importantly, you never point it at anyone you don’t intend to kill. Baldwin violated all three…

Sure… I’m WELL TRAINED with guns…

Actors/actresses aren’t so the environment ahould be controlled…

In this scenario he pointed it at the camera to work on a scene…

2 Likes

Then they should not be touching a gun. Baldwin was making millions of dollars using a gun while criticizing gun owners and demanding gun control laws. How about a law that actors are prohibited from using any type of firearm in any film.

1 Like

They are charging him with a serious crime…

That will probably have the same effect at the end of the day.

1 Like

She loaded the gun… Imo, on a movie set environment, she should be accountable not the actor… That’s why you need the SNs accounted for as they were loaded…

2 Likes

There’s no way that Baldwin should face the same charges as the weapons handler.

The way I was raised, you ALWAYS treat a gun as if it’s loaded with live ammunition. I would be hard pressed to point a gun at anyone, even on a movie set, without first checking it myself. And double checking. So Baldwin definitely deserves some sort of punishment.

But the handler, who should have known better, deserves a stronger charge than “involuntary” manslaughter. That’s murder in my eyes.

Yep… I never point a gun at anything I’m not intending to shoot…

But… I’m also not in the business of acting in westerns…

Something stinks here…

2 Likes

“Most importantly, you never point it at anyone you don’t intend to kill.” - Or PRETEND to kill?

2 Likes

Going forward films will be made with replicas and the effects will be CGI. Nobody wants this kind of tragedy to happen and then be associated with a film or TV show.

This is pure carelessness. How do you mistake a blank for bullet?

1 Like

That will be determined at trial. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I guess if you don’t eject the bullets you might not be able to tell that there is a projectile at the end.

This was my first thought… Then I came to the conclusion that a good portion of the population probably can’t tell the difference…

They are ignorant on guns and gun safety… Including types of ammunition.

True, i had never seen one before until i looked then up

We used to use .22 blanks to launch decoys to train bird dogs…