BB Season Ticket Renewals

I agree with this, too. But, we can already see that more seats are needed anyways. Figure out a way to reconfigure some of the arena for more seats. Those two boxes for the AD and President are useless IMO; they take up key revenue generating space.

1 Like

I think we should reserve the student section and a few for visiting team fans then sell all other seats to Season Ticket holders.

We maximize revenue. Anyone could offer their tickets via the resell market if they cannot attend a certain game.

The 7,100 capacity was always a mistake. We sold over 10,000 tickets in the 1970’s.

This is the hottest ticket in town starting next November.

2 Likes

I asked about the seating capacity during the tours of the Fertitta Center when it was being rebuilt. I questioned the 7,000 capacity at the time and was told by the higher ups on 2 different occasions that 7,000 was all we would ever need. I mentioned the possibility of a different conference in the future and also that basketball seemed to be getting a lot better fast, and was told that their study indicated that the capacity would be just fine. Pretty short-sighted if you ask me.

6 Likes

I like the lower capacity. Scarcity can help create demand and force people to buy season tickets over just showing up when they want. It’s also unlikely that we will continue at the same pace forever and Fertitta won’t always feel new.

Different schools of thought on it and can be argued in multiple ways.

10 Likes

I think it was smart to keep the capacity low. Easier to sell out and fill up. Randy is correct
scarcity will often create demand
although, right now, the product quality is a key reason for demand.

Have an extended period (10-20 years) of success and tournament visits (with second weekend damage) and I think you’ll start hearing grumblings by interested parties (admin, athletics, season ticket holders and regular ticket purchasers) that we need a new arena. Sounds crazy
but if the demand is there for an extended period, I think this will happen.

1 Like

It should have been between 8000 and 8500 in capacity, imho.

1 Like

If we can find another location for the band we can add more students or GA.

I wonder if we can put more on the floor or create some seating over the the tunnel?

Don’t do anything. It’s fine the way it is. I love the exclusivity of it and how personal it feels when it’s a packed house. Last game before pandemic was Memphis. Incredible atmosphere with nearly packed house.

5 Likes

A wonderful problem to have. Not enough seats.

Wish we could say that about TDECU.

4 Likes

Fertitta really is one of the better college hoops venues out there right now. They could have squeezed an extra 1000 or so seats but it would have been at the expense of the rest of the arena, which isn’t a great trade off. To realistically have something this nice with a lot more seating would have required a new building, which is less cost efficient.

Also, we’ve still had a very small number of games where the place really is close full and there’s scarcity pricing in the broker market.

I remember people saying we dropped the ball only building TDECU to fit 40k after a few sellouts in 2015-2016.

5 Likes

The lead contractor told me that the building was not designed with the option of adding more seats. The current configuration be it so the only way will be to create more spacing around the floor area.

A large crowd could go to The Toyota Center.

But just keep all Home games on campus!

Ran into a big Coogs fan at Delta Blue restaurant the other night. We talked about final 4 and other stuff going with BB team. I got all fired up, so this week I’m renewing my season tickets from two seasons ago. Getting all 4 seats back.

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

I’ve never bought season tickets before, but I want to for next season. What can I do? Can I purchase some now?

1 Like

This was rumored prior to Fertitta Center being completed. We got on the bus to head over to TSU, but the bus drive was heading downtown Toyota Center. Fortunately, I was paying attention and told him the game was as TSU. He pulled over, called and received confirmation and we turned around and went to the correct venue . . . . .

1 Like

All our games will be sold out. Nope keep them on campus

4 Likes

I was on that bus lol

1 Like

1992 - There is a season ticket wait list. I believe if you log on to the Athletics web site you can find a link under purchase tickets to get on the season ticket wait list at $75 per ticket. Or just call the ticket office.

2 Likes

TICKET UPDATE — Last year I rolled my '20 FB ticket & Coog Pride contribution over to '21. I renewed my Basketball ticket this week.

But I wasn’t sure on Coog Pride donations so I sent an email and got a call back from John Noud — he’s always helpful.

John confirmed that with rolling over my '20 Coog Pride contrib, I’m all set for coming year and have the parking I want in football & basketball.

He also confirmed that the Coog Pride ‘year’ begins July 1 & they can bank any contribution made now into this or the next Coog Pride year.

I asked how it’s going and he said OK but Coog Pride is working out of temporary offices because pipes burst in the AAC during the Big Freeze — I had forgotten about that.

Thanks @coog74. Just signed up for the waiting list. 2 tickets. Hoping for a good non conference schedule