Best BBQ in Texas...name your joint

Old Hickory is our local go to spot. Not award winning but solid

1 Like

Red river BBQ is pretty good. Not the best but pretty consistent. Also Lums in Junction is decent.

Had Truth a week or 2 ago, brisket is excellent. Melts like butter in your mouth. Pricey.

1 Like

Not in your neighborhood

Truth was across the street from my daughters appt in the heights. Never made it there though. I guess I missed out.

1 Like

For the BBQ fans in the Memorial area, The Pit Room is opening a location in the same center as Fishing Tackle Unlimited next to Mac Haik. Iā€™ve been to the Montrose location and would eat there over Goode and Feges.

Iā€™ve made it my mission to try as many BBQ places as can before I pass. Love me some good BBQ.

1 Like

Ottoā€™s BBQ on Memorialā€¦can also go in the places you miss from the past thread.

Dickeyā€™s :laughing:

@Duce630, @FormerShasta

2 Likes

Donā€™t go firsties on me and put words in my mouth! In a pinch, in Caliā€¦

1 Like

Corkscrew in Old Town Spring
Coopers in New Braunfels

You clearly hate Texas :rofl:

There is a new spot out here in Katy Bretts BBQ. Made the texas monthly list and is dang good.

Brettā€™s is top-notch and has been since they opened in 2018. He learned at Louie Mullerā€™s in Taylor, so the beef rib is on point. Love that place.

Luling City Market does really good pork ribs, and the Lockhart places are all about the same to me.

Valentinaā€™s in Menchaca/Buda is kind of similar to Burnt Bean, but with a little more Tex-Mex influence. Their spicy sausage and their fajitas are so awesome.

Luling City Market decent BBQ think they have one here been to both Houston on Richmond Ave location not so good imo thir beef ribs which is my favorite, off the chain, I am talking about the one in Luling, Blackā€™s dino ribs are all right up there to.

Yeah, the Luling City Market in Houston is kind of lame, honestly.

Seriously, if youā€™re a beef rib fan, take a trip out to Katy and give Brettā€™s a shot. I think they only serve them on Sat-Sun.

1 Like

For the aficionados here. What is the ā€œstapleā€ dish you would judge BBQ joint by? I typically go for a sliced brisket sandwich with sauce on the side. Sides of potato salad and beans.

1 Like

Unless someone has actually eaten at every BBQ place in Texas, how can one say what the best BBQ place in Texas is? :thinking:

3 Likes

Even if they did, itā€™s all a matter of personal opinion and preference

2 Likes

What qualifies one as an aficionado? I just go by what I like which often is not what my wife likes. She likes Spring Creek, I donā€™t. She says they have the best ribs, but I donā€™t eat ribs* and I donā€™t like their brisket. So, for the places I have eaten at around here, I like Goodes.

*I did like the ribs at the Rendezvous in Memphis, but my bride didnā€™t. She says they were too dry, but I liked that. But, since I eat stuff with my mouth, I judge by how it pleases my palate.

1 Like