Big 12 awards announced

If he needed any extra motivation for the rest of the season, well, there you go.

An ISU fan is chirping on twitter that Lipsey should’ve been Def POY because he has .5 more steals per game than Shead and I used this chart as rebuttal. lol

1 Like

Very unlikely that Francis & Tugler play together. CKS already said earlier in the year , that combo didn’t work well when he tried it. And would avoid doing it again if possible.

And the fact that Tugler is likely getting a green light on 3 balls next year is going to be fun to watch our 4/5 stretch the floor.

3 Likes

Heartland went Lipsey.

1 Like

Head to head:

At their place
Shead 14 pts, 2 steal, 2 block, 5 TO
Lipsey 14 pts, 1 steal, 0 block, 4 TO

In Houston
Shead 26 pts, 3 steal, 0 block, 2 TO
Lipsey 4 pts, 1 steal, 0 block, 6 TO

I don’t recall the matchups but I assume Shead and Lipsey were mainly guarding each other.

Not to belabor the point, because who really cares, but the only stat Heartland used to prop up Lipsey was steal per game. If you look at conference only, Shead and Lipsey both averaged 2.2 stl/game (behind UCFs Darius Johnson at 2.6/game.)

I’ll go with the official selection from the Big 12. :wink:

7 Likes

Heartland has always been anti-Houston. They didn’t have Roberts or Sharp anywhere, and went with Jizzle James and Eric Dailey over Jojo on the freshman team. Go ask Bill Self which opposing freshman scares him the most in the Big 12 moving forward, and I GUARANTEE you he will say Jojo Tugler.

6 Likes

Legend.

$head.

I am very happy that the hard work and success these players and coaches put in this season is being recognized nationally. We will be talking fondly about this team 20 years from now. They are setting a new standard.

2 Likes

Man
 Our offense is clicking on all cylinders right now

Let’s make another tourney run!

2 Likes

Looking at the head-to-head overall, I’d call it a draw at ISU, with maybe a very slight edge to Lipsey because of offensive efficiency. But the hometown Heartland’s DPOY got absolutely worked at Houston and showed a bottom-tier defensive effort.

2 Likes

Considering Tugler is working on his 3 point shot and I am assuming his mid range game as well, I am sure coach wouldn’t mind trying it next season. This season that combo wouldn’t work offensively.

I will believe Tugler is ready for 3pt shooting in games when his free throws improve

5 Likes

He already had the green light from CKS

I want to see J’Wan hit that 3
 This team would be unstoppable if they had to guard him for the pick and pop 3 at the top of the key.

I’m less worried about that duo’s shooting than I am about ball-handling and passing. They’ll both get better at that, but I wouldn’t expect J’Wan-level handles from either of them.

there were a couple times vs Kansas on Saturday where J’Wan had the ball around the 3 point line but passed it off.

would have been a perfect opportunity to take a shot!

1 Like

I mean if he had two good hands I’d agree with you.

5 Likes

Yep
 They shrink the paint when he has the ball at the top of the key because they know he ain’t shooting

His post game is so nice, though!

1 Like

That’s not why he isn’t shooting from 3

1 Like