Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

Hot chicks!

1 Like

Yup my 4 would be Cincy, UH, BYU and UCF. BOOM!

1 Like

I only said what the university released on how it is prebuilt to be expanded by increments of 10K. Though I would also tell you that if we have a 40K stadium now and the lower bowl seats 18 to 20 K then the upper decks seat about 20K as well. This means filling in one end of the stadium would seat around 10K.

This thread is starting to remind me that I don’t really like the new stadium design.

Philosophically, they took a page out of the Dynamo stadium design with prime, down in front feature seats that, while great for revenue, took away thousands of potential lower level seats that would have been easier to sell. Then they went super cheap on the home side upper deck and made those seats about as unattractive as can possibly be made. That section should have over hung the lower like the 200 sections do. Instead you have a walkway in between the sections and the field causing viewing obstructions for the best seats on top of the fact your 25 feet farther from the field than if done right. That you can still get 50 yard line seats is absurd IMHO and a direct result.

I guess it paid off though as I thought I read stadium revenue is triple what it was in the last year of Robertson.

Still it would have been nice to look up and see people actually in their seats right behind our team every now and then.

[End rant]

I think the stadium design is great.

1 Like

Darth, the East Deck would not obstruct view of downtown which is to the northwest of the stadium and is viewed through the notch north of the scoreboard/big screen.

Excellent!

I could agree with you if a football field were SQUARE !!!

But since it is rectangular with about 2 to 1 dimensional ratios, an endzone would be about
1/6th of 20K… !

First year we had seats on home side “stairway to heaven”. Good view from 40 but too high, no restrooms, no concessiins for some games. Last year we moved to other side with great seats on the 30 yl. Very good value for the price with food and restrooms handy.

To each his own. I love my 45 yd line seats in 308.

1 Like