Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

My former father-in-law told his kids they could go to whatever college they want to. My ex-wife went to Southwest Texas. He told her siblings they could go to any college except Southwest Texas.

We ran into two people who knew her from Southwest Texas.
• One guy owned a large New custom furniture place in Austin. He recognized her immediately and said he remembered seeing her running around the apartment complex in her bikini all the time.
• The other was her roommate at college. She was the wife of our pastor.

Go figure

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1662243964571795458

2 Likes

They gone

12 Likes

Yup they are gone. Thamel was right after all.

6 Likes

The PAC 12 narrative will now be “we didn’t want the Buffs anyway.”

Will they say the same when AZ bolts too?

2 Likes

OreWash is gonna be left with Utah and Stanford and Cal. Musical chairs.

Fortune 500 companies don’t need NIL to enhance their brand awareness . :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll believe it when they officially accept an invite to the Big12.

1 Like

Sounds too me there hedging. Got one foot in the the grave as far being member of the PAC and the other on a skateboard to the B12

1 Like

I’m hoping for Colorado! As for Utah, I’m beginning to think San Diego State has a higher ceiling!

1 Like

One thing I noticed the last few times I read a Utah message board is they really don’t want to be in the same conference with BYU.

You would think that would/could be the new Big XII version of Texas vs. Oklahoma, but guess Utah doesn’t see it that way.

1 Like

Before any talk of the PAC potential implosion, I knew nothing about the Utah fan base. Now, I know enough to know they have a huge level of arrogance for very few reasons, none of them meaningful enough to legitimize it.

4 Likes

I think the two 'Zonas are hard to split up since there is only 1 BoR for them plus Northern AZ.

So my quick guess is —

If B12 Takes 2 — it’s Colorado & San Diego

If B12 Takes 4 — add the two 'Zonas

If the two 'Zonas could be split then revise Take 2 to Colorado & Arizona & the B12 stops there.

2 Likes

The Zona schools will come first…They cannot be split…They even have same board of Regents, and will vote as both schools not just one. ASU prez doesnt like it, but he is ALONE. …Arizona is an always top 10 team in BB and their people are ready to jump as soon as we ask them…Also, ASU Phoenix is now top market in PAC…Whatever tv deal PAC cobbles together, it will not satisfy the members. I expect us to snatch Ariz, Arizona St, Colorado and Stanford as we go to 16…Think it will happen before July1.

4 Likes

The PAC12 needs to fire George Kliavkoff and hire Dr. Jack Kevorkian (“Dr. Death”), to euthanize the conference, and let schools decide where they will go.

4 Likes

Aldine and Steve have great perspectives on Arizona Board of Regents. I live in Flagstaff in Northern Arizona so I am not as close to this as Tucson. I am familiar enough with ABOR that I do not think they will split the two. However, the monies being thrown around could change everything

1 Like

I like this. Make it so.

People said the same thing Abington Oklahoma and OSU.

1 Like

A couple of them have used it pretty prominently the last year.

…that being said you may have been saying that sarcastically and it went over my head

What Fortune 500 companies have used the NIL?

The only industry I could see that type of expenditure being worthwhile for large companies is in the apparel industry.

So maybe Nike spent money on nil

I’m interested to know if other industries have invested.