Big 12 Trying to Woo Gophers Away from Big Ten - MinnesotaSportsFan.com

I think CoogBoog said ACC once upon a time .
Go Coogs !

This all comes with inaction. As long as there’s no raiding going on the conference will be a target.

We should be recruiting Asian players. That is a lot of eyeballs we haven’t tapped into in the Far East.

Funk, we are on the Island of Misfit Toys. Nobody (SEC and B1G) wants anybody from the Big XII. The PAC contract will not be so attractive as to get any defectors.

Last year that may have been the case in the aftermath of the UT and OU news, as they were looking like a safe haven. What does the PAC offer now?

Coach Saban will never leave ‘Bama

2 Likes

Yeah. here is where the original quote originated.

Somebody from Minnesota is trolling and sitting back and laughing their a… excuse me, laughing themselves sill at the reactions.

This is true.

Best show ever. Heck yeah :smiley:.

1 Like

Even then…why would we want Minnesota?

In the Longshot category- we should be doing everything we can to woo Notre Dame into considering the Big 12 as an option.

Even if we give them the power to assist in who we add for #14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20.

Hunting big game in South Texas has just gotten way too expensive and the feral hog problems are making it too difficult to get big deer to come to the feeders. Minnesota is ripe with big bucks, so this makes all the sense in the world.

2 Likes

I mean they are… a brand… and it would definitely be a splashy add to “steal” a Big 10 school. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

What is a golden gopher?

1 Like

While Baylor has shown if you keep pumping money into a program you can go from worst to first, but that has not been the case for Nebraska or Minnesota. While the fan base is ultra loyal in Nebraska, they are not used to being last. Yormark knows the art of the deal, networks say get me X and you can have Y$'s, he is working a new angle. Nebraska does not fit in B10 and losing does not make it any better.

Just get him a chair for the sideline and let his handler do the rest. Go for 1 or 2, coach??!!

Lomax

2 Likes

I’m not 100%, but I think it’s a gopher that’s been peed on :joy:

4 Likes

Better than participation ribbons

I could see them having a conversation about realignment to get some insight into the Big Ten’s next move. I am not sure that would make any sense for any party. Also that article reads like a Big 12 hit piece.

“What is a golden gopher”

One that isn’t silver? :rofl:

1 Like

Things you didn’t know you wanted to know:

2 Likes