Big 12

Bevo is definitely planning its exit strategy

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 17m17 minutes ago
Full statement from Texas president @gregfenves on Big 12 decision not to expand

lol…that statement from Fenves is about as much smoke as I’ve ever seen someone blow. It’s so positive and forward-thinking which almost insures that they are doing the complete opposite of what he’s saying.

Uhhh … NEVER let you left hand know what your right is doing …

JUST A GUESS … but Fenves has probably always had a PLAN B in the works … JUST IN CASE

And all this brotherly love and kissing each others patootie in unity is just a smoke screen …

Remember those people (or was it person) that had all said it was a “done deal”? What happened to that?

I want to believe you but unfortunately history has told us to not trust uta. fenves comments were said. He could have kept quiet. He did not. Did he do it to appease the membership? I highly doubt it. I will gladly take my comments back when that plan B comes. Right now super conferences with 16 members is more likely. That does not bode well for us. I 100% hope that I am WRONG.

This entire thing was a prevarication from the beginning !!

At first, I thought they might be serious; HOWEVER, when they asked for presentations from Rice, SMU, Tulane and Colorado State…not to mention U Conn…I knew it was a joke !!!

Too bad there isn’t some way to sue the bastards !!!..and I am including the TV networks who, no doubt, are behind this.

1 Like

"I was pleased to join my fellow presidents in today’s unanimous decision to keep the Big 12 at 10 teams."
Umm… math is not my thing but I wonder who they hired to actually count the votes?

Exactly Portland! At some point in time this has to come to a head!

Epik, i absolutely agree…i think we have other irons in fire…and not 8 years from now, either

All cool and all but Yuracheck was on 790 in the 7 o’clock hour and Matt asked him, what is Plan B and Hunter said that Plan B was Plan A but they will continue to strive for a Tier 1 athletic program like their Tier 1 academics… blah blah blah…

This is exactly what I’ve been wondering. Why haven’t a group of universities banded together to file a class action lawsuit against the NCAA, the playoff system, etc…

It’s obviously designed to be a control mechanism to prevent “outsiders” aka G5 schools from being able to participate in large bowls. So damn frustrating. Especially when everyone knows that P5 are basically cartels.

1 Like

Yeah, I heard that as well. However, I think that was all lip-service. I don’t think that you “show your cards” in public or even hint at it. Do I think they have something planned? I would hope so, but I really don’t know. Either way, he does have a point, we have to continue to build and support our school(I know, preaching to the choir here with that one). End of the day, expansion of any kind is really beyond our control. Just make ourselves undeniable and those that do deny us will be the bigger idiots. I think we just proven who are the bigger idiots with this whole Big 12 ordeal and most of America believes the Big 12 is run by idiots. But hey, I digress. Go Coogs!

1 Like

G5 schools haven’t banded together because we would all jump at any P5 conference invite in a heart beat, sadly. It’s all about the money after all. $30M/yr > $3M/yr. All us G5 schools are talk. Remember when a senator of Utah started talking anti-trust lawsuit? The Utes were invited into the Pac12 magically, and nothing more came of it. No other G5 school will sue out of fear of never gaining an invite from a P5 conference in the future. Just my opinion. Sucks but it’s reality.

He also said they’d keep the foot on the gas. I have faith they didn’t put all their eggs in the B12 basket and know they’ll need to keep this momentum going until the GORs come up.

I think you are right, even more proof of the cartel. Yeah once Hatch got his school in, he dropped the whole issue.

1 Like