Big if

uta and atm?

At the same time teetech to uta

Remember when uta kept telling us “we support you”

One day uta the sinner will have to answer…

Now let’s be clear

We ain’t playing either of them unless we get what we want.

2 Likes

I think Washington and either USC or UCLA.

4 Likes

Last I heard, Cal or UCLA won’t be able to play us due to state boycott of Texas due to LGBT bathroom issue.

4 Likes

We don’t play in the b12, so what would be the point ?

There are other great programs in the PAC. But playing in southern Cali has great recruiting opportunities.

1 Like

Correct, they can’t come to Texas and play right now without a waiver…same for SDSU, San Jose State, and Fresno State. Doubtful the California legislature would give them one for an OOC football game.

Also applies to Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and South Carolina

1 Like

I was not aware of this issue or boycott or waivers …

IF SO then this could well affect/cloud the Pac12 decision to consider us or TTx in their conference when realignment comes … in the future …

If it doesn’t go away then we and TTx can kiss the Pac12 chances … sayonara … arriverderci … auf wiedersehen …

3 Likes

Screw them.

1 Like

Especially if we win. We won 2 of 3 from Okie State and THEY will never do that again.

So the battle will be continue to lose money or force other States to accept its agenda?! (EDITED to avoid political trash talk). Ball is in PAC court. They may hurt themselves with the money issues of not expanding and waiting for a political issue to be accepted. If it comes to expand to Texas or become irrelevant I wonder which would PAC chose??

How does the PAC have any say in it? It’s the state of California.

Most schools are in that state, right. USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal…Washington 2, Arizona 2 Utah 1, Colorado 1, Oregon 2

I think it’s only applicable to the Cal state education family, of which Cal and UCLA are the only two members. I’m not sure about Wash and Oregon, but I assume Wash St. isn’t party to it since they’ll be here this year.

And that leaves Stanford, Zona, Zona St., Wash, Utah, USC, and Colorado.

And I guess they aren’t that serious about it because their b-ball teams have to play in Texas during the tourney.

1 Like

Politicians love to make political statements, which is exactly what this is…like so many others, it doesn’t work in the real world…
Let me see…if say, USC garners a Peach Bowl bid, then they won’t go to Atlanta ???

Sure…

Those bleachers were 100% safe. After UH, they used the very same bleachers for the winter Olympics in Utah.

3 Likes

The bleachers themselves were fine. The way they were set up? No freaking way. I remember looking at them through the fence - a few feet away. No chance in heck would I have had my family sit in them with filled up.

2 Likes

Some of us went out and inspected them with permission of course. Sloppiest job of throwing something that large up I have ever seen. I think we ended up with a lawsuit against the construction company. There is no way we could ever have let fans use that death trap.

2 Likes

The “Bleachergate” game was on Sat. Sep. 22, 2001 – 11 days after the 9/11 tragedy.

We had temporary bleachers setup in the empty North End Zone area of Robertson to accommodate high demand from UT fans.

It rained a lot the week before the game and I recall the bleacher’s metal footings were on wood blocks on wet ground – they looked “sketchy” to me.

The scaffolding was probably very safe but it resembled a forest of thin aluminum pipes – adding to the “sketchiness”.

Everyone was shocked & scared after 9/11. So scared there were no airlines flying that week & all college and pro games were cancelled that weekend – Sat. 9/15 & Sun. 9/16 – folks were afraid of attacks on stadiums.

No one was taking ANY risks. So these rickety-looking bleachers on muddy ground were kept empty.

UT fans were invited to view the game in Hofheinz. They were understandably PO’ed & “Bleachergate” was born.

YouTube Game Linkage: Texas @ Houston 2001 - YouTube

Someone else posted these two photos a while back. I’d give credit if I could remember who.

2001-09-22%20Bleachergate%202 2001-09-22%20Bleachergate%201

3 Likes

Two of those schools are private, right? It might not be a roadblock.

1 Like

BTW, as I’ve point out several times before, Texas has similar, asinine restrictions based on its “agenda.”

In the end, if the PAC wants a Texas team, it will get a Texas team. Period. End of story.

3 Likes