Big12 Expansion Basketball edition

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1433531349571289088?s=21

1 Like

Tickets are gonna be skyrocket for Kansas

Does Fertitta Center have capacity expansion capability?

I really don’t want to be playing big games at Toyota Center because we don’t have capacity

6 Likes

I really hope we aren’t about to get the rug pulled out from underneath us. Would definitely be an upgrade for hoops!

2 Likes

I think there’s a solid case to be made that the Big 12 is improved by trading UT and OU for the new schools.

10 Likes

… you cant possibly be saying that with a straight face

3 Likes

I would love it if OU were still in the conference.

2 Likes

In basketball, you absolutely could be.

9 Likes

Potential is enormous!!!

Houston talent >>> Austin talent

2 Likes

Really interested to see what recruiting in bball looks like in the big 12 if everything falls into place. We were starting to see the uptick after the F4 run but this should be a huge boost.

3 Likes

I hope we dont get priced out of our tickets. I know playing Kansas would be incredible in Fertitta but i know the resell would be astronomical.

2 Likes

I mean we are already recruiting our butts off rn. Should get TA locked up soon we can have a top 20-15 class. But maybe this gives us a push with the 5 stars?

The sad part is I will pay whatever I have to in order to go lol

10 Likes

Thats what I’m thinking. Staff is already killing it but it makes the sell a little easier to the top 35 type guys. Also helps with head to head in recruiting w/Baylor & Tech now. Also maybe we can get some top 100 level bigs :joy:

3 Likes

Please that’s all I want in life. Is to see what Sampson can do with an highly touted big lol

7 Likes

Any chance this gives us a last minute push at walker? That would be the cherry on top of all this

2 Likes

I have a money question. Our Final 4 run netted the AAC a whole bunch of money to be paid out over several years, if I remember correctly. If we move to another conference, does that money follow us or stay with the AAC?

Well I think we already top 3 so we definitely have a chance. But this won’t even affect Walker most people think it won’t be until 2023 when we join the big 12. Now if we can join next year, than yeah sure it probably can’t hurt. But walker most likely won’t be here when we move, even if he committed here. He’s probably still bama lean

2 Likes

I know people are saying 2023, but There is no way UT and OU wait. every year in the big 12 is cash they are missing out on. Their pockets are deep enough, and it helps fund the AAC buyouts. As close to a win win as you can get here.

3 Likes

Basketball schedule could be incredible. I can’t imagine having Kansas at Fertitta Center on ESPN or Fox. Not to mention games against Texas Tech, WVU (Huggins), and Baylor, who just won the national championship. Wow!

2 Likes

If the Big 12 expands with UH, Cincy, BYU and UCF you have a top 3 BB conference and a football conference at least on par with the PAC and pretty much the ACC outside Clemson. It would be solidly “P5”. Lots of good rivalries could be developed as well.

1 Like