Boise State AD Talks like he knows Broncos eliminated as expansion team

http://kboi2.com/sports/boise-state/curt-apsey-on-season-tickets-big-12-stadium-expansion-boise-state-athletic-director

They’ve always been a long shot in my opinion, but read the article.

1. Season ticket sales are down from 21,000 to 19,500

2. “The conversation is always had about expanding the stadium,” [AD Curt Aspey] said. “We have to find ways to expand our stadium in a way that fits what we can do here and set it up with the opportunity to have some revenue coming in to help pay for it.”

3. Apsey says the Big 12 has not asked the school to make a presentation. “We have not been contacted to do that,” he said. “As you probably know there is not much I can say about that. We are just honored to be in the conversation and if there is a time we need to make a presentation we will be ready.”

Remember that the Dallas Morning News reported that interviews were completed last week. Why wasn’t Boise State asked to make a presentation? There may be some inaccurate reporting in there.

===

Bottom line is that the Boise TV station article screams to me that Boise State knows that it is out.

WHAT?? they were never considered in the first place…What next, news that RICE is no longer in the running?

Great program, but location and academics are a non-starter for them when it comes to P5 inclusion. They should have kept with the AAC when they had the chance. This conference would be that much better with them and SDSU. Add BYU and either AFA or CSU, and we make a good argument for P6.

West:
UH
BYU
Boise
SDSU
SMU
Tulsa
Tulane
AFA/CSU

East:
UCF
USF