BOOM 2022 Recruits (Sharp, Arceneaux, Walker)

These 3 excellent players will lead us to a national championship!

Anyone else notice that CKS seems more fired up about TA than the other recruits? Said he impacts winning more than anyone else. I’m excited about all of them, but now I’m really excited about TA. Let’s go!

1 Like

So in basketball early enrollees are immediately eligible?

I believe that’s correct. That’s what Mills did. He was immediately eligible (mid-season) but red shirted. For kids that are very unlikely to red shirt a full season, it works out perfectly. They get to practice with the team and even attend the games (I think). They just don’t play.

I really wish basketball would adopt something similar to football where these kids can play in a certain amount of games and still retain their red shirt. It makes no sense that football has something like this but basketball and baseball don’t.

2 Likes

I think you nailed it with the recruits having character.

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1459712435795996672?s=21
Can’t believe BU lost to cy ranch

They played awful and it was a hard watch. Wesley Yates took some wild shots today.

Early on n the season says little. He is talented. The other team is too. Who remembers the football team being 0-1. CDH head on a pike!
Now? Tom Herman who?

https://twitter.com/vypehouston/status/1464356012446691333?s=21

Go Cards

He has yet to play a college game.

It’s my understanding that most, or all high school students have not played a college game . . . . .

3 Likes

I wouldn’t bet on TA starting, Walker will be a sophomore, and Sharp will be here for 10 months before his first game he could be REALLY good. If mark and Shead are back they will definitely start. TA also has a lot of work to do on his body and getting stronger

I think that CKS doesn’t really care too much who “starts” for UH and neither do it. To him, I think it is more about team culture and how certain player’s individual talents meld together; and then it’s also the rotations and managing minutes to keep guys fresh.

3 Likes

And that is why in CKS system, true freshmen are not likely to start. The really good ones will get some playing time, usually in blowouts.

If Edwards and Sasser leave for the pros we will have one starting spot for the guards and two reserves spots for our two Sophomores and two freshman.

At the bigs assuming Chaney leaves we will have 3 spots open for Francis, Powell and Walker

Roberts will be a starter.

I expect Sasser to turn pro after this season.

Shead moving into a starting PG role and Sasser moving to SG, that’s what Sasser is more comfortable with. And will most benefit the team.

At his size, he has to develop into a point guard. If he finishes this season first team AAC, shoots a good FG %, team makes Sweet 16 or beyond.

I would guarantee he’s turning pro.

Edwards is gone. Fabian is gone. Carlton is gone. Taze is gone.

Reggie Chaney :thinking:, last year was a free yr. So technically he could come back next year.

Does he think he can play overseas? Only 6ft 8". So not a shot blocker like Chris Harris Jr.

He’s a good athlete. His low post game isnt bad. His jump shot needs work. But I could see getting an overseas contract

There are no guarantees because a lot can happen between now and then. My thought is all things healthy, Sasser, Edwards and Chaney will move on to professional careers.
Just keep in mind, for each one who doesn’t that takes another spot in the rotation and bumps everyone back a spot.

(13 scholarships)

2022-2023:

1. Jamal Shead
  2. Ramon Walker
  3. Tramon Mark
  4. Jwan Roberts
  5. Javier Francis

Bench:
6. Armbrester
7. Arceneaux
8. Jarace Walker
9. Sharp
10. Kiyron Powell
11. ______
12. ______
13. ______

With guys like Francis, Roberts, Powell, and Jarace Walker looking for 20 minutes next season. I could see Reggie Chaney getting advice from CKS to turn pro. Similar to the push he gave Justin Gorham to turn pro

1 Like

Since this is a next year thread, I get to bring up next year questions. :grin:

So if Chaney leaves, that leaves us with (3) open scholarships. Will CKS go transfer portal again for all 3 spots?

CKS typically has a 9 man rotation:

1. Shead
  2. Mark
  3. Roberts
  4. Javier Francis
  5. Jarace Walker
  6. Terrance Arceneaux
  7. Ramon Walker

Options: Powell, Armbrester, Sharp.

If you bring in 3 grad transfers like he did this yr, that’s taking away minutes from the (3) listed above

Powell and Armbrester. Might be the odd men out :thinking:

The Transfer Portal changes the game. Instead of us relying on young players off our bench, like Armbrester and Sharp. If those guys aren’t ready, you go get experienced players like a Taze Moore, Josh Carlton from the portal.

Feelings will get hurt though. If Carlton wasn’t here, Powell is playing. Transfer Portal will affect the guys on our current roster