BOOM 4* RB Parker Jenkins

Looks like we’ve been loading up on the weapons side of the ball (WR + RB + TE).

Now lets fortify the trenches!

4 Likes

No. Golden went to Klein Cain and Jenkins goes to Klein Forest

5 Likes

Ty.

Dana getting it done , glad we got another rb!

5 Likes

That seems to be our greatest shortcoming over the last 3 decades. CBY had great success on both sides of the ball which was due to many factors including our conference (SWC) and assistant coaches, like Don Todd, who were great recruiters. With our entry into a P5 conference and some good assistants maybe we can replay that success. I hope so.

7 Likes

Like Dana said, we are in on more conversations and we are also staying in the conversations longer and with Parker we were in it until the end #BOOM

8 Likes

AMC was a very high three star. I think he may have been a composite 4 star at one point but he finished as a three star. He had offers from big time schools including Alabama! We just got lucky that he wanted to stay home considering he commited before the Big IX news. Now we have four stars on the O line, Receivers, Running Backs and Linebackers along with plenty of high three stars with P5 offers like AMC. I expect more 4 stars to come our way through the portal, decommits or kids just committing to us like this young man did. It’s a good time to be a Coog!

8 Likes

I’ve seen Brandon Campbell listed as a four star

1 Like

Great?

1 Like
2 Likes

Not really 4* commentary but he does look the part with his vision, balance, strength and speed.

Jenkins was rated higher by a little bit. Based on composite scores, but Alton had an offer from Bama so…. We saw how that turned out lol

5 Likes

Hyped!!

Welcome to the Coog family Parker!

9 Likes

Yessir, it may have helped that due to the COVID lockdowns during his recruitment, I believe we were the only campus he actually stepped foot on since in-person visits were limited.

But I sure am glad we got him. Helluva rookie season he had. Hope he comes back stronger & better.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/newera_pj3/status/1555982382150426630?s=21&t=lDjqJzUsdteBcRi0v78Wdg

Pardon my language, but damn it that makes me happy. I love this city so much and seeing a kid like this have pride in Houston and want to put on for UH and for the city is awesome. this feels different than Herman. Sustainable

19 Likes

It looks like weve made some ground on Shaw

6 Likes

I do agree, but be careful with the on3. Thats not like people making predictions. Its an algorithm and its wrong quite often

Herman didnt see this as his last destination, merely a stepping stone. He fooled us all on that one. CDH sees this as his legacy as a head coach.

10 Likes

Aint no different than 247. Theyve been wrong quite a few times.