Boom! 4 star linebacker Maurice Williams Jr. Flips from LSU to UH

That’s awesome! I have watched his highlights and he is very impressive! I hope he sticks with his commitment and not be manipulated by somebody else (Deion) to switch his commitment to some other school!

2 Likes

Updating the scorecard on CDH recruiting, 10 of our top 20 all time recruits have been under CDH in the 4 years he has been here. Somewhere I heard he cant recruit. It is only going to get better.

16 Likes

That pipeline hasn’t produced like we’ve wanted - hope he ends the trend as you have access to the higher caliber players

UH historical recruiting is not his competition.

His direct competition is Baylor, Tech and TCU.

He is judged on how well he recruits against his peers currently.

2 Likes

I get that and no doubt we are getting a B12 bump but facts are facts. I stand by my statement as a matter of fact whatever the yardstick one wants to use. 50% of our all time recruits have come from CDH. Place whatever conditions you want, the results are the same.
Now if you want to compare him to other coaches that is a different metric. The 50% still stands for all time UH recruits.

12 Likes

27-20. Why are we 27-20 against AAC competition with zero conference championships?

Shoot, James Dickey was a heck of a recruiter.

2 Likes

In the Interview he waa all about D, says he has been working on coverage skills. Coaches tell him he will be used everywhere as a safety for UH.

5 Likes

So who’s next? LET THE FLIPPING COMMENCE!

1 Like

Why do you guys always want to make it a different issue? I was talking about the fact CDH has recruited 10 of the top 20 all time recruits.
If you want to talk about performance, well, that is a different discussion and I am sure you will find someone that will be willing to discuss it with you.

9 Likes

He is the best recruiter we have had. He also has done the least with those recruits.

3 Likes

I am not a huge fan of Holgy but the comments on here are just redundant and uninformed. Some of y’all have me defending him because they are so one-sided and at times extreme.
We are one season removed from a very good season and team. Last season was a disappointment but that’s not unlike every other coach who has been here.
I hold out some hope because the players and his staff don’t seem to have the same issues with him that CDH has created with the alumni, fans and sometimes media.
I do believe we have the roster to compete in the Big 12 and win games. This season will say a lot about CDH and our DC.

11 Likes

Let’s see what gpt says

I would like to express my deepest gratitude for the opportunity you extended to me to be a part of the LSU football program. The support and belief you and your coaching staff have shown in my abilities have meant the world to me.

With a heavy heart, I must inform you of my decision to change my commitment from LSU to the University of Houston. This was an incredibly difficult choice for me to make, as I understand the magnitude and prestige of the program at LSU. Please know that my decision was not made lightly, and it was never a reflection of any shortcomings on your part or the exceptional program you have built.

The University of Houston presented me with a unique opportunity that I simply couldn’t overlook. Their coaching staff, vision for the team, and commitment to my personal growth both on and off the field resonated deeply with me. The chance to make a significant impact closer to home, while also pursuing my academic goals, ultimately played a significant role in my decision.

I want to emphasize that I am eternally grateful for the interest and belief you placed in me. The lessons I have learned during this recruiting process will undoubtedly shape me as both an athlete and an individual. It is my sincerest hope that you understand and respect my decision.

Thank you once again for your unwavering support and understanding. I will always cherish the memories of our conversations and the opportunities you afforded me. I wish you and the entire LSU football program continued success and prosperity.

6 Likes

I suppose one could look at it that way, especially if they count the season he was using Applewhites recruits and the Covid season. In my book, the Covid season shouldn’t be considered as anything close to any norm we can imagine.

So that leaves season 3&4 where he went 20-7 and won 2 bowls. Not actually too bad but if one sees the world through dark lenses I could see where one might think it should have been 27-0 and a natty.

3 Likes

I could see that if he had t made the redshirt decision. But even with that, yes, 20-7 with the best recruits we have ever had and against the AAC.

1 Like

He was recruiting with AAC credentials so yes, against the AAC is correct. Had we been Big12 the last 4 years then your point would be valid.

…and he was playing against fellow AAC schools with the same obstacles

1 Like

In other news, welcome aboard Maurice! Work hard, have fun and make memories. Go Coogs!

2 Likes

And then there’s The Great Gatsby….OLD SPORT!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Too much common sense and too little emotions/feeling in your comment . . . . .

1 Like

Link?