BOOM? JR Ceyanes - PWO - 6'3" WR - Katy

https://twitter.com/CeyanesJr/status/1618746027301048320

6 Likes

Does 2 PWO from Katy qualify as a pipeline?

3 Likes

Sure sounds like it.

Is PWO similar to gray shirt?

PWO basically guarantees a recruit a spot on the team, but without a scholarship.

Grey shirt, by contrast, just means delayed enrollment until your second semester of college.

2 Likes

I certainly hope so, at least it’s a foot n the door. I think the B12 will open many doors previously closed to us. BTW, I see the offer, did he actually accept it?

So “preferred walk on”?

Yes

We have also had Colin Wilder and Parker Eichenberger play for us in recent years. I also see Katy kids tag the cosching staff in their highlight vids. So the potential for the pipeline is there.

1 Like

Does PWO stand for “Prisoner walk on” does this mean we are now the longest yard team?

You must be thinking about POW which is entirely different. :rofl:

Preferred

1 Like

Don’t forget Kyle Postma. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Anyone seen him play? RW?

Slot receiver?

1 Like

Based on his hudl video, a big target, often used in motion sets.

Big kid, 6 foot 3, 190 and fast…4.45 he was 3 year starter and an all district WR for Katy last year… Also a 3.7 GPA…seems a real good pickup for PWO

3 Likes

Surprised he didn’t get a scholarship offer somewhere, IF that 40 time is true.

2 Likes

A lot of kids exaggerate but if he’s good enough to start for the legendary Katy Tigers he can probably work his was to a scholly

2 Likes

I thought “greyshirting” was the opposite of this? Basically the player gets to campus a semester early and it “counts” a year against their eligibility, but they get an extra offseason of practice with their new team before the season starts.

I believe it means you don’t report
until the Spring.

with the 25 recruit per class limit gone, it would think it would make it tougher walk ons to get a scholarship. I would think a staff would go out and grab another transfer with that scholarship unless that walk on proves to be far better.