BOOM LUCAS COLEY

Our QB going into the big 12. This puts an end to the Davis story.

12 Likes

Poetic words from the cantankerous poet laureate of this board.

1 Like

FWIW (I am just a fan) I’m impressed. Welcome.

1 Like

Coley has running back type vision on his inside runs. Very Interesting!

3 Likes

What kind of competition did he play against in HS? His run game highlights make the opponents look silly.

1 Like

Wow :star_struck: Lucas Coley … Nice pickup Coogfans!

Enjoy the ride!

Let’s Go Coogs!

2 Likes

Definitely looks like they’re outclassed. I’m not sure as I don’t follow HS football over there. I will say that the Briles clan are experts at rooting out top tier developmental QB talent. Kendall saw enough of him against adequate competition to wrangle him. But you’re right. He seems like he has two more gears than their safeties.

5 Likes

I look forward to watching Lucas develop into another in a line of great #7 QB’s at UH. And I could see some folks trying to misspell his last name… (Klingler → Kolb → Keenum → Coley).

4 Likes

Let’s bring home that heisman!

2 Likes

Like our great CBY use to say “It is not going to be a lot of fun playing the Cougars” !

4 Likes

The great thing also, about getting Coley is the insurance if Tune gets nicked up too! Better to have two level starting QBs than just one.

4 Likes

One thing about Coley is that he’s coming from a Briles offense, which appears to be a little simpler than what we do. So it’ll probably take some time for him to learn the offense and play confidently within our playbook, just like it took Tune a little while. He’ll be a good player for us but give the young man some time. I don’t think he’s the back up this season.

1 Like

eligible for Fall?
remaining years of eligibility?

To say the Briles offense is simpler is an understatement.

Ask D King

1 Like

Again this is a “sample” of his body of work. For the little that I have seen his football decisions are outstanding. At 6’1/2’ or 2" he knows how to use his “tools” He is indeed a great prospect for me. I am ecstatic we got him.

10 Likes

Love that kind of talk. Go Coogs!!!

2 Likes

CDH and his coaching staff have done a remarkable job rebuilding our football program. This is only the beginning.

18 Likes

Lucas Coley video

(380) YVQB Episode 2 Lucas Coley - YouTube

2 Likes

Pretty exciting.