Boom! New 2022 commit! Quardale Patt DE

I would love for SMU to get 25 skill players and no OL or DL.

1 Like

Well they definitely get O line because they have had really good ones

That was how we rebuilt our team after Helton and dimel. We had a qb in kolb and to a lesser extent nealy that were not going to wait for pass protection and 10 short wide receivers and undersized running backs that took care of the rest. We might win 56-49 or lose 56-49, but those were fun times.

If you’re content with 6-6, 7-6, 6-7 seasons that is just the ticket. In the AAC, that means we will never be a contender.

On the other hand, to attain the sustainable success demanded by the posters on this board, a solid OL and DL are imperative.

2 Likes

I am just saying don’t knock it if someone is doing it. Last team I need is SMU to be just going ape crap with speed and qb’s.

Also, we have 1 AAC championship. We also haven’t won 6 games in awhile. And looking back Briles and Sumlin each built more by their 1st year with the tools they were given than dimel with his new stadiums, crazy budgets and facilities.

I can take 7-5 and 6-6 if we are always looking like we have a chance out there.

Expectations were probably adjusted too high for this fan after 15 years of growth.

But these kind of recruits look good. I hope they stick around. I hope we don’t lose a lot of game 21-7 due to our offensive genius HC all of a sudden getting a case of defensive building.

And you should look in the mirror: You can’t give a compliment without taking a shot, as well.

1 Like