BOOM! Pez receives a contract extension

Wow. Are you really serious?!

Is there something specific that you’re looking to have him perform? Aside from doing what I think is a satisfactory job as AD, he is an alum and former student athlete and seems to genuinely like it here. I would rather have that, than someone interviewing in his UH office for another job.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was mentioned that basketball success was a factor in Big 12 consideration.

1 Like

I don’t have anything against the man but can we at least list out his accomplishments?

Most of us could list out Rhenu Kator’s accomplishments with ease. Heck yeah, she is worth the money. What exactly has Pez done to deserve this kind of raise? Our football team has no buzz around it. The baseball program is in the gutter. Basketball is flying high. Women’s Soccer? Softball? Track? Golf? Swimming?

Honestly, I’m happy for the man if the raise is based on merit.

He’ll go down as the AD on whose watch we finally got admitted into the P5. I’m pretty sure that that was an unachieved/unrealized goal of all his predecessors who were unsuccessful in that regard.

So if you are looking for a justification for this extension, well, THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

3 Likes

Wow. This post is insulting IMO. With the raise, Pezman is middle of the pack in AAC as far as pay is concerned. He has done a lot behind the scenes that some of you will never see or put any weight behind. Spring sports have all been successful with the exception of baseball. He’s renewed Sampsons contract twice, found and signed Dana (were 6-1) and had to deal with covid issues, BLM issues etc. What’s not exactly fair is that our President and Fertitta, because of their popularity and public stature, ALWAYS get most of the credit. I respect Pezman for all his effort as an alum, former football player, assistant AD and now AD. Frankly, he’s worth a lot more and turned down other bigger, better jobs that pay more to better his Alma mater. Congrats Chris and Go Coogs!

6 Likes

ha! Well his contract was quietly extended in late Spring and UH was admitted to the Big 12 in September.

Ok
 like I said I don’t have an issue with the man but would like to understand his accomplishments.

It’s funny how some people on this board have no issue attacking an 18-19 year-old for not performing on the field. What’s wrong with holding these high-paid execs accountable to perform as well?

If that wasn’t a big enough accomplishment in and of itself to justify this extension, then I’d sure like to know what you think would be.

1 Like

Three people were instrumental in getting us into the Big 12. Pezman played a huge role. When you have Renu who is always in front of the cameras, and same for Tillman, it’s easy to jump to that conclusion. Some of you people are clueless. But you’re entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Boom!!

He was the man in charge that navigated the Athletics during the COVID era. Maybe th administration thought he navigated that well and who knows what else behind the scenes.

Maybe the question to be asked is why was UH possibly taking advantage of a loyal alum willing to come to UH and underpaying him vs the rest of the market?