*Boom* Walk-On Sherman Smith Running Back & Athlete

I love these stories and am so happy your family has joined the Coog family…now go eat 'em up Sherman…we are rooting for ya…

8 Likes

This literally made my day! Nice going, Sherman! Welcome home! Congratulations to all involved! :pray::+1::clap:t2::raised_hands::point_up::wave:

You don’t get this kind of elation with professional sports and I digress.

7 Likes

Congrats!!! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Congrats we were rooting for you guys! So happy that your son’s hard work paid off and you said it since Day 1 that he would make the team. Mama knows best.

7 Likes

Thank you all. This group has been a blessing. Last year he was on stand by because his eligibility didn’t clear and just being able to keep up with what’s going on helped us stay motivated and encouraged!

18 Likes

Awesome boom! :boom:

3 Likes

So happy to see your son made it. Is he on Twitter? What’s his handle so I can follow him?

3 Likes

Smitty…built like Robert Newhouse

1 Like

I found this on hudl.

6 Likes

I knew it!! That’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

8 Likes

That sounds like a boom to me Alisha! Congratulations!

Now his next step is earning a scholarship! Go for it!

5 Likes

Similar to Spoon!

4 Likes

Excellent! Congrats!

Sherman is built like Newhouse and ‘Spoon, both of whom had awesome careers at UH.

4 Likes

This is awesome!

I remember when Alisha first came on Coogfans and asked about the walk-on program. From that point, I’ve been pulling for Sherman to get a shot…and it finally came! If he takes that 7 yards per carry into the Big 12, LOOK OUT!!! Good luck Sherman! Enjoy the ride with us! And congrats Alisha!!! There ain’t no happiness like momma being happy!!!

14 Likes

Great walk on pick up!! Would be great to build up a walk on program like Nebraska used to have! This is a rally good start…One of my favorite Coog players, Linnell Bonner, was a walk on and a terrific player!

7 Likes

BOOM! Welcome to the family!

5 Likes

I will always pull for the guy that others neglect but by sheer will and determination prove them wrong. They keep pounding on the door until it opens. Once it opens-look out. It’s the hungry hound that catches the fox.

9 Likes

I was thinking Spoon but either way is good.

With his per carry I’m guessing he is a big YAC kid….

Edit——after looking at him more like Dameon Pierce.

3 Likes

Alisha, this is tremendous news. You are very generous for sharing this with us. YOU ARE AWESOME.

8 Likes