BOOM! Zykeius Strong #1 JUCO Pass Rush DE

That’s just speculation…Nix was nothing special in 2021

6 Likes

Same old recycled BS. Ashamed some of you chose to repeat it.
If the Cougars beat a legacy team (Fla St. Penn St. Auburn etc) it has to be because:
“They weren’t really up for the game”
“They had some players sick”
“Their best players chose not to play”
We beat the War Eagles in a hard fought game. Kudos to the team and especially those defense warriors who never quit.

20 Likes

does anyone know if they are now counting these transfers in the recruiting rankings?

I would like to see us getting a couple good cornerbacks also.

1 Like

These are the safeties I have listed as returning this fall:

5 Hasaan Hypolite S 5-11 205 Jr
15 Mark Wilson S 6-0 170 RFr
28 Thabo Mwanki S 5-11 190 Sr
29 Griffin-Taylor, Demarcus S 5-9 185 RFr.
32 Gaervarrrius Owens S 6-0 200 Sr
33 Garrison Vaughn S 6-2 198 Jr
37 Deondre Dansby S 5-8 170 RSo
38 Mike Welch S 5-10 185 RFr
41 T.J. Marshall S 6-1 195 RFr

That’s 3 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 redshirt sophomore, and 4 redshirt freshmen. I think we have adequate safeties if we don’t add anymore. But, I am not sure if our staff thinks we need anymore or if they are happy with who we have. Hypolite and Owens are good safeties, as are Hogan and Mwaniki. I am not sure about the sophs and freshmen since I don’t remember them from this past season.

Agreed plus Auburn, playing in front of a home crowd, came out pretty fired and was talking some smack.
They wanted a win badly

4 Likes

Hogan is a CB.

Hypolite, Owens, Mwaniki, Vaughn, and getting back Mark Wilson. Makes for a good group of 5.

I definitely have us taking at least 1 more. But doesn’t need to be an instant impact guy for next season, IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah, some of these guys were listed as one thing when i made this roster and then changed to something else. Like Anderson was a DB and then an LB. I had to remove Lewis from that list also.

We signed the #1 junior college cornerback and also a state Top 100 prospect from Spring.

12 Likes

You are missing Antonio Brooks at safety. Coach has mentioned him as a future player.

1 Like

For what its worth: more big timers on the way?
https://twitter.com/coog57/status/1482829352689668102

2 Likes

Gulf Coast sources ?

1 Like

Jim Perdue changed from that tag, so I have no clue as to the veracity of that post.

1 Like

I can vouch for it… Big things are coming for the Coogs!

:grin:

You can throw Cam Malveaux in there as well.

4 Likes

I think you are correct .
Go Coogs !

Oh very good one J_coog. He actually fits the bill better than Bowser. Yea that hasn’t been an area where they lacked having a good athletic edge rusher w ht. n speed. N moreso this new recruit isn’t coming as a backup if he catches on quickly bc they’re losing David Anenih n Logan Hall as Edge Rushers. Good catch.

More boom coming??

Looks like Mr. Strong is not a “wee little man.”

(Anyone remember that song from Sunday School?)

6 Likes

Can he “climb up in a sycamore tree”? Yes, I know the song.

1 Like