Bowl game prediction: good, bad, ugly

Agree with this. Ft Worth against Big 12 is much better than any other AAC bowl tie in. Independence Bowl wouldn’t be bad either.

So they should beat UTEP but if we beat Memphis, we’ll rate better than USM. Go Coogs!!!

Depends on whether or not we are the highest ranked conference champion at that point. Still TBD. I’d like to believe that if we beat Top 10 UCF in the conference title game, then our subsequent resulting ranking would be the highest of any G5 conference champ. That would put us in a NY6 bowl.

One can only hope!

It won’t be either of those. Forget bowl tie-ins, they’re a joke in the ny6-cfp era. The top 3 P5s get like 3-4 teams in NY6 and can’t fulfill their bowl tie-ins. Independence or Liberty vs. P5 would be decent and we’ll get something like that if we are fortunate to win on Friday.

Agree those would be pretty good.

Winning teams each get two free tickets to the Soccer Hall of Fame for players and coaches. The losing team gets four.

14 Likes

Ole Miss can’t go bowling. On probation

1 Like

It seems like even if we shocked the world and won conference we won’t be ranked high enough to get the NY6 so its almost a given we are going to a crappy bowl. I think I will save my money this year.

1 Like

But, but the scoccor hall of fame man…

1 Like

I’m not sure our defense could stand up to Georgia Tech’s triple option offense.

Only way we get an NY6 is ofcourse we would have to win the conference, but we also would need Fresno to lose to San Jose, and then win their conference championship.

That’s highly unlikely. Utah State will most likely win the MWC. They only have 1 loss… Yeah they won’t give an NY6 to a 3 loss team over a 1 loss

Independence would be a good spot against an ACC, would have good fan support. Ft Worth as long as it’s not Army or Boise that would both roll us. Frisco doesn’t inspire much excitement.

1 Like

Nothing says reward for college kids like a trip to Shreveport.

1 Like

Based on the attitudes on here, it would seem that some folks would like us to pass on a bowl game and just stay home like Rice. Is that really the case?

Want a better reward then beat SMU.

7 Likes

I like the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. You have a racetrack, a little parade and fan meet and greets. Go Coogs!

I would gladly pass on a money-losing bowl game that almost nobody, including our own fans, cares about. Yet, the current system coerces schools in to participating in these sorts of bowl games every year. Has anyone actually tested the hypothesis that skipping such a bowl game would be a net loss for a school’s football program? I’m not so sure if that would be the case. It certainly would not be in terms money (except for the coach losing his bonus).

Depending on the bowl, yes. I didn’t go to the Las Vegas bowl and I didn’t even watch it on tv so for me it didn’t exist. I’m betting the university broke even, at best.

Beating SMU wouldn’t have got us anything better.

We beat Navy and their triple option offense. We’re now well-practiced at the defending it. I like our chances there, especially with Ed Oliver stopping the dive play.