BREXIT - A Look Back

Been awhile now since the official leaving and it appears to not have been a good
thing for the Brits overall. True these are unusual times, with 100 yr pandemic in the mix, and
it may still be early to fairly assess. But the “average” Brit doesn’t appear to be better
off based on the Atlantic article and poll data. What lessons can we learn from this ?

Red line combines “fairly and very” negative views.

I can’t read the article because I don’t have a subscription. Was this conclusion based solely on the opinions of the people surveyed or did they use any hard data points to reach a conclusion?

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I’ve not yet hit my monthly limit on articles or clearing all browser cache
allowed me access.

It’s one of those pseudo factual articles within opinion creep in it no doubt.

today is a poor and divided country. Parts of London and the southeast of England might be among the wealthiest places on the planet, but swaths of northern England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are among Western Europe’s poorest. Barely a decade ago, the average Brit was as wealthy as the average German. Now they are about 15 percent poorer—and 30 percent worse off than the typical American.

Isnt this evil Britain First?

The atlantic is your source. Do I need to write/say more?
See it goes both ways other poster.
atlantic? What are the headlines, their headlines from the last six years?

It is denoted as left lean. Not far left lean, which I would not reference as a source.
Better luck next time :slight_smile:

But I would welcome your sources that say the Brits are doing great and are happy as can be
with Brexit. We will be waiting.

As of August 2018, 2,178 AllSides readers agree that The Atlantic’s media bias is Lean Left.

1 Like

Funny to go after that source given what I’ve seen him use before (e.g. gateway pundit).

Atlantic definitely leans left but it’s a legit source. Not much different than say the wsj going the other direction.

He just has a personal vendetta about “other poster”.
:rofl:

I kinda enjoy knowing I’ve gotten under his thin skin that deep.
Reminds me of his idol in that regard.

You still do not get it.

Other poster you have no idea what ticks me off.

Nonsense is hard to get.