Brian Kelly to LSU

Its confirm. ND is open

1 Like

Wow so 2 big powers lost coaches.

More importantly, now Cincy has to deal with real losing their coach rumors ahead of the conference championship game

7 Likes

ND is a job Luke Fickell can’t turn down.

11 Likes

Fickell to ND!! Start it!!!

Cancel the others.

20 Likes

Marcus Freeman is my guess.

Lolololololololololol

ND got their coach poached.

Lololololololol

7 Likes

Wow…. I feel like Notre Dame would be the job you would never leave….it can not be for money because Notre Dame could match or surpass anything offered….

Did the Irish want to move on and this was their out?

2 Likes

It’s nice being on the other side of a coaching rumor the week of a championship game. Fickell is as good as gone if this is true

3 Likes

Notre Dame folks are shocked. This has literally never happened before. No Notre Dame coach has ever been poached before.

2 Likes

FWIW, there’s a piece in the Athletic today that said he wanted facilities upgraded but ND wasn’t quite on board.

1 Like

Why? His dream job is Ohio State. And that one may be open in the next year or two.

Where is Day going?

Browns!!

I think Notre Dame is a job you don’t say no to and you can’t predict the future about Ohio State, Ryan Day is 33-4 there. Fickell is as good a fit there as he could be at Ohio State. One is open right now

Horrible Hire for LSU

5 Likes

That’s a downgrade lol

2 Likes

You don’t turn down ND waiting for OSU. You take ND then make the two bid for you down the road.

2 Likes

Some of the posts on that site are hilarious.

Thanks for posting this.

One guy made a Jon Gruden suggestion. I could see that happening, if UTee doesn’t hire him first. :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

https://247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-coaching-search-Luke-Fickell-mentioned-as-potential-replacement-for-Brian-Kelly-176751661/Amp/

“ Brian Kelly shocked college football with reports that he will leave Notre Dame for LSU. With the Fighting Irish job suddenly open, Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell was mentioned as a possible early replacement from 247Sports national recruiting analyst Cooper Petagna.”