BYU Moved to TDECU - 8:30pm Kickoff

Now that we have our 6th home game, we have met our football obligation for our $7M ESPN deal.

2 Likes

Unfortunately i don’t think visitors will be allowed this year.

I don’t know Cougardue, I think that went out the window when so many season ticket holders opted out and individual game tickets went on sale.

2 Likes

UH sent an email offering two and three game mini-season ticket packages this morning.

From a fan standpoint, I wished that this hadn’t happened. It would have been exciting to see TDECU overflowing for this game in the future. Now, it will be only 10K at best, while the future game will be with 60K in Provo.

1 Like

Yes, but if our season goes well, it will help us potentially in rankings, bowl game, and perhaps, perhaps, the CFP

2 Likes

I’m all for the move but I’m still not sure why. Any word on Rice? Go Coogs!

May 21, 2020: Under Governor Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-24), all air travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic are terminated, effective immediately . GA-24 terminates all restrictions contained in the Governor’s previous Executive Order that mandated temporary quarantine for air travelers arriving from the following areas of the United States: California; Connecticut; New York; New Jersey; Washington; Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; or Miami, Florida.

Brings yoself!

1 Like

It seems they have some Covid related issues. Saw that they have actually postponed practices as well.

They do not want people from Texas to travel to Utah, they have 467 deaths, while we have 13,700.

Utah has a population of 3.2 m, Texas has 28 m

So if Utah was the same population as Texas it would have almost 4100 deaths?

Maybe BYU not having a conference schedule, really needed a game
 And maybe, UH hinted of cancellation given the expense of travel and the risk of exposure and the uncertainty. Just speculation, that we were willing to play the game but only at our house. Leverage we may have used.

Having BYU playing here make sense after Rice poop on us once again. We’ll worried about 2023 when it get there. It seems like BYU and UH have a good relationship as we scheduled them in both football and basketball. I love to see this relationship/partnership to continued. I really thought BYU/UH would be added to the B12 few years back. Too bad PAC refuse to add BYU cuz adding us 2 would be perfect and a rating booster for the conference.

1 Like

They won’t add BYU because they already have Utah and they don’t need 2 schools in a state with only 3.2 million

29.90 million

Based on our research, Texas population will reach 29.90 million by 1st July of 2020. We use first day of July each year due to US census bureau normally publishes the estimated population data for the same period. The calculation is based on the average growth rate of 1.74% over last 9 years since 2011.

[

Texas Population 2020 | Population USA

www.usapopulation.org â€ș texas-population
](Texas Population 2024 | Population USA)

2 Likes

Happy to be playing BYU in Houston this season.

The BYU Cougars look to be a very strong team. I hope we are up for the challenge.

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

You were correct on last years info, I just updated it for you; wasn’t trying for a “gotcha.”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/1310610681859911680?s=20

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1310613296278581249?s=20

3 Likes