C.J. Guidry Hitting the Transfer Portal

Maybe, just maybe it is because we are stacked in really good young receivers?

3 Likes

If this is the summation of coaches who lose kids to the portal, please name me coaches and programs that don’t?

1 Like

Do average coaches have a chance to win their 8th game this Saturday and make it to a bowl game for a ninth? Do average coaches take it to OT against one of the best 9 teams in the big 12? Do average coaches take it to Ot against one of the best if not the best G5 team?do average coaches beat the best team from Philadelphia? Do average coaches win bowl games against sub .500 SEC teams with a backup qb and a can of quit? No. Only the best coach ever does those things.

1 Like

Leave it alone. Hes not a real coog fan anyways. Only pays attention when things are going well and throws uninformed insults the moment things get bumpy. Hes so active on the basketball message board and I doubt hes seen more than 2 games at Hofheinz.
Calling Dana an average coach when he is an below average fan at best :joy:

4 Likes

Do you think Dana is an above average head coach?

ROTFLMAO!! no

Because they have now recruited “over” those players . So Golden, Nelson, Manjack and Brown haven’t contributed? Ummmm yes . Golden is starting as a true freshman and Nelson has played situatiinally and is on special teams also a true freshman . Next year we have Wilson who is highly rated and sought after along with Banks . I’m not sure how much you keep up with the roster but your comment leads me to believe it’s not very much

Best snark post of the day. Well played sir!! :rofl:

1 Like

What’s our record?

Are we going to an NY6 bowl game as some predicted? Are we ranked?

Please stop.

Fact is, if the teams players are as good as you say, then our coaching sucks. However, let’s take CDHs word for it; he repeatedly complained that our players “weren’t good enough.” Well, who recruited them?

Personally I think the players are good, our coaches just suck.

What!!

Come on man, our WRs may be the worst position on this team. Outside of Tank Dell (who is awesome), I cannot think of a guy we have.

Maybe it’s because I have been a Coog fan since middle school, but I remember guys like Manny Hazard, Jason Phillips, Tyrone Carrier, James Cleveland, Patrick Edwards, Deonte Greenberry, LJ Castile. Heck, we even had RBs that could catch, like Sims, and Beall.

Now, not so much.

Lol have you been to any games? Hate all you but we are loaded with talented young receivers who are just now coming into their own.
Keep your day job because you will never be a talent scout.

6 Likes

Ok hoss, maybe we have different day jobs, but I measure talent based on results. Potential talent is just another way of saying you have nothing.

Hey, maybe next season will be different. I am hoping so, but not counting on it.

This is one of the most talented group of young receivers we have had here in a long time. They were good enough to move up the depth charts quickly.
Whoever the quarterback is next year will inherit a very talented group of receivers. Brown and Golden are real and Manjack should be back at full speed.
I can see why some are hitching a ride in the portal

4 Likes

Golden, as a true freshman, has 33 grabs for 500+ yards and 6 touchdowns. He has missed two games this season.

Sam Brown, another freshman, has about 40 catches for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns. Has come on really strong the last month of this season.

Add in Manjack (who has been hurt), CJ Nelson (another really talented freshman), and then the two really talented freshman we will have coming in next season (Banks and Wilson), the receiver room looks really bright.

3 Likes

Ok. Well if CDH is still coaching this team, I don’t see it. Unless he goes out and gets a super OC. Of course if he does that, he may slit his own throat as he would likely have picked his replacement.

I bet we see several more transfers (out) after the season ends. Unknown QB situation next year, a terrible OC, Swiss cheese OL, and a HC that throws players under the bus because he can’t beat an opponent with a pulse is a formula for more UH kids in the portal. They no longer have to bend over and remain in the status quo. The portal gives them new opportunities.

1 Like

45-3

Big12 opportunity, we loss some and bring in more.

Probably wants to play & maybe Dana is bringing in more talented receivers this offseason.

Maybe we should start a fan portal?