C/O ‘19 3* CB Deondre Dansby commits to Houston

I really don’t understand the furor over some wealthy kids getting special treatment. This has only been going on since forever.

1 Like

I think because some white people have complained about laws that preserve spots for non white and/or low income families, and then to go behind the system to steal spots for their own kids is hypocritical. it is amplified because of the lawsuits, complaining, and social media.

3 Likes

I get that. I just don’t have any animosity towards Lori Loughlin. She did what she could because she loves her kids and wants the best outcome for them. Everyone will do what’s best for their own kids and their own situation and she did that. Of course it was illegal but it’s not like she did something seriously illegal. I don’t get the hate towards her.

2 Likes

The issue is more than rich privilege:

1. bribing a coach vs. “bribing” the development office (probably cheap to bribe a coach)

2. Donating money to a charitable foundation thereby writing off the donation on taxes and the money is then used to bribe the coach.

Correct, it’s fraud.

Yes, bribing has gone on since the beginning. Rich people donating money to various endowments and such. You donate enough money to a school, you can probably get in.

However, this is fraud. Having someone take your test for you? Having a coach say you’re an athlete in a sport in which you don’t participate and pay a bribe?

It’s not a white/non-white issue, it’s a criminal issue.

Claim it on your taxes? Now we’re talking tax fraud and tax evasion.

Now, enough of this, let’s get back to the original topic.

1 Like

My wife is really upset because some TV show Lori Loughlin was on was shutdown. She really likes Lori Loughlin and wants her and the show back. It was one of the Hallmark channel type shows she watches while I watch sports.

This post is whiter than a Snowstorm on a busy BYU campus.

1 Like