Calling it now...UH SMU will be a top 25 matchup

The ECU game has the potential of becoming a trap game. Hopefully, the home game will be a difference maker.

ECU might be better than SMU. I’m worried.

1 Like

Navy beat UCF last weekend. Tulane is better than their record shows. No gimmes for anyone. That said, I also hope that both teams are ranked and that we put a smackdown on pony town.

1 Like

Smu WRs can flat out fly. Going to be a huge test for our secondary. Dline is going to have to get after Tanner or we will be in trouble. They don’t have a great defense so that will help. Safeties are going to have to play a lot better than they have been playing, can’t let WRs get past you against smu

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/cfbonfox/status/1447200252612669442?s=21

4 Likes

UH?? Surprising. Is Coastal Carolina really the number 10 team in the country? They have played nobody. Also, Boise beat #10 BYU; why wouldn’t they be ranked? I think RJ needs to do more homework.

We have no chance of being ranked until we win the next two games. Then we must keep winning to remain ranked.

So essentially it is either heading to the conference championship game vs Cincinnati as a top 15-20 program or not ranked at all.

1 Like

Houston’s #40 in the coaches poll, with three votes. Defeating ECU moves you to 30 range and beating SMU is where you crack top 25 as a 7-1 team. First things first beat ECU !

6 Likes

Anyone have a clue when the game time would be published? I’m trying to see if I can attend and plan to bring some people and they won’t be able to make a kickoff before the evening.

My guess would be probably the week of ecu…

The biggest issue with defending SMU is the issue of bruising.

Leave a lot of bruises in the first qtr and it takes the steam out of them.

At the least, we have to beat an UNDEFEATED SMU in order to receive a ranking.

We haven’t beat anyone worthy to brag on our schedule. I am absolutely happy and positive we’ll have a great rest of the season, but we need to slow the breaks a bit.

Kentucky is an undefeated SEC team and they’re ranked 11th. Quantity has nothing to do with it.

Why is that directed at me? I didn’t say anything about Kentucky.

You said 80% of a ranking is about quantity of wins and I was pointing out if that was the case Kentucky would be ranked in the top 5 because they’re an SEC school.

Usually tomorrow unless they reserve the game for announcement the following Monday. I don’t think ECU vs UH warrants any special media treatment so I expect a game time announced tomorrow.

I see. No argument from me.

But no. That’s a different conversation than I was having. You’re talking about quality and top 10. I was talking about quantity and top25.

Thank you!

I was more wanting to know about the SMU game. Im guessing it will be out the monday before the game? Is there any method to possibly predict if our games will be AM, PM or evening?

No idea. I think it will somewhat depend on what happens this coming weekend to an extent. We should know in a week.

1 Like