Can anyone explain to me what Tramon is thinking?

If you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen and Tramon just did.

2 Likes

Probably didn’t sit well with Tramon that he aaw JWALK become a way more used piece of the offense than himselfalong with Sharp moving up in the offensive pecking order

Throw TA’s development along with these guys below coming in
 Then, I agree with the sentiment that Mark probably wasn’t happy with the role CKS envisioned for him next season.

1 Like

Mark’s shooting was off the mark all year. I don’t see shooting 32 % from the field and 30% from 3 as a 6’4 guard exactly having NBA scouts drool in this era of 3 point bombing. He was bad especially from the AAC tournament until we got knocked out vs Miami other than the Auburn game
1-10
2-8
3-10
2-8
9-17
4-13

4 Likes

Mark was doing a very good job defensively and rebounding. He hustled his butt off and fulfilled the role assigned to him by CKS. I am very disappointed that he is leaving, but I will not trash the kid for his doing so. He did not leave us in the lurch midseason, he played his best up top the end and that’s all we could ask. He is gone now, unless he changes his mind and CKS still has a spot for him. But I doubt that will happen and I wish him well. I just hope we can get someone to replace him that is equal to him or better.

7 Likes

Love CKS, I think he is one of the best. He recruits talented players with character, but there is a difference in the game today. There are great players who want to be in the NBA, and there are great players who want to win a NC. Granted, it is the alumni who want the NC, the students mainly want the NBA. Are Mark and Shead ready? The results in the tournament says no, but why come back to win a NC?

2 Likes

Nice post Mike. I really like the Tugler kid. He has good handles, loves to D up with a high motor. He is, IMO better, or at least a bit more polished, than Tramon was coming in as a frosh. That said a veteran TM would prolly help us more next year. I’m not a big fan of the portal, so most years I don’t pay a lot of attention to it unless it benefits the Coogs. This year could be one of those years. EATEMUP

2 Likes

i think you mean Kordelius Jefferson (tugler is the big)

and giving a fair assesment Jefferson isnt coming in anywhere close to mark
mark was debated as the best guard in texas when he came out. he was doing 30pts a game and had Dickinson on an historic high
 they were ranked 12th nationally (context: that is insane as national rankings include private schools, who can recruit) with Duncanville the only other ranked texas team ranked. he is coming in with way better defensive than Tramon did as a freshmen
 but Tramon was on another level offensively than Jefferson

1 Like

I think Jefferson is going to be one of those guys who is underrated and does better than his ranking.

Kinda like Hinton.

2 Likes

Sharp and Arceneaux are gonna have to step up as scorers. Arceneaux gives me Jerreau vibes. If he can get his outside shot working he can be a nightmare.

1 Like

Others teams are loading up with older players. We can’t win freshman’s we are not Duke our freshman’s are not 5 star mc Donald’s all Americans

1 Like

CKS said a few years ago that you don’t want to be caught too young. Assuming all players with remaining eligibility actually return (other than J. Walker and T. Mark) we will have 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 4 freshmen. A few of those also have a redshirt year and have a year more of training and practicing than their normal class. We are not that young.

I also suspect that there may be a couple of more experienced players coming in through the portal and another player or two transferring out. Until we actually have a roster late this summer, we really won’t know the make up of our team.

I can. He is ready to move on.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about Tugler, Your right in that he, at 6’7" identifies as a big. Just call it a gut feeling
 I think that he will do well in the 3 guard set that we use. I caught a few of Cy Falls games this year. He hustles his arse off, plays great on the offensive boards. He has decent handles, needs to keep working on that, plays D with a passion and runs the floor extremely well. You are spot on about Jefferson. EATEMUP

Even schools like Duke and Kentucky are having a tough time winning in the tournament with a bunch of blue chip freshman :writing_hand: