Can we sell out the homecoming game?

If we beat Tulane next Thursday, the following week is a bye week and theres a chance we can head into the homecoming game against ECU ranked or at the very least receiving votes.

3 Likes

Why would we be ranked after beating Tulane? Also, when is the last time we sold out TDECU? Although it would be awesome, I don’t think we will come close to selling out against ECU.

6 Likes

No.

1 Like

Could we have decent crown of over 32000? Maybe

1 Like

No because its ECU.
Maybe SMU

No ECU is a no name draw, that’s one reason I’m glad we are in big 12 now, the casual fan will at least know the opponent

2 Likes

We’re averaging 24k rn. I’d say no to the sellout but you might see 30k-32k. As for the rankings, I think we may see a vote or two after if we when the next two but you might have to win out to get ranked.

Win the next two and SMU has a chance to be a big crowd game.

6 Likes

We’ll have a decent over 3OK crowd for ECU if we beat Tulane, but we won’t be ranked.

Beating SMU would get us ranked.

2 Likes

ECU just beat Tulane.

1 Like

Hell no!

When will they announce the game time? Evening KO would help.

I meant for the ECU game

My bad. Game times usually announced two Mondays before so late morning of the 11th

That would be a No.

DH has yet to reach 30K home attendance as a HC. With ECU being a no name I think a realistic goal is him finally hitting that 30K with a hot 5-1 UH at home. I’d bet my life savings we don’t sell out.

1 Like

It is on the fans to do so. Everyone bring a friend. The only thing that ever keeps me from games is work.

I’m sorry, its not on the fans.

How many schools make it the job of the fans to fill up their football game. This is on the athletics marketing department, if they don’t build enough intrigue its on them. Die hards are going to go no matter what. Yeah bring as many people as you can but the rest is up to the football team and athletic departments.

Curious: What do you suggest that they do?

1 Like

When we actually start BIG12 play, we’ll see multiple games of 35000+ because the fanbase of opposing teams will travel to TDECU to watch their teams play, such as Baylor, TCU, OSU, BYU, UC, TTU, etc.

I don’t understand the conversational obsession with sell-outs this season.

3 Likes