2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Twitter is slamming Keenum. It brings me that Michigan feeling last year etc all over again. Tough pill to swallow. Hard to be a coog and we lost to the Red Raiders twice this year.

1 Like

All the years I have watched Case play and Iā€™m shocked he didnā€™t make that throw. Iā€™ve seen him make many game-winning passes over the years. He is being hammered on Twitter right now. Still sucks that the Vikings got rid of him. He fit into their system so well.

That game wasnā€™t on Keenum. Defense has to hold on 2nd and 30. They were in a man. That was dumb. And what was that last play? And that 4th down earlier was a sweet pass. What about the crappy play calling when Denver got the ball with 6 minutes left. And 72 canā€™t pass block. Too much for Case to overcome.

3 Likes

And he deserves to get hammered. Denver is paying him $25 million guaranteed to make that throw. Dude was wide open.

Oh well, better luck next time.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with youā€¦I would also like to think if you pay a qb 25 million youā€™d put the game in his hands and let him seal a win for your team. Just my opinion.

Couple replays of the passā€¦ An audible gasp in the bar I was in.

https://twitter.com/mitzsumilang/status/1046964158275756032?s=21

https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/1046962651660791808?s=21

This is a good read.

IMO the N.F.L. has many play callers that have no business being at that level. The sine qua non way to Coach is calling plays to your playerā€™s best ability. Why try to ā€œchannelā€ him & change what made him successful. It happens over and over again in the N.F.L.
Mahomes & Keenum played into a similar offense. The play calling tonight from both sidelines could not have been more opposite. Yes, Case missed an open throw that would have won the game. Thatā€™s a fact but it is also factual that Musgrave must not have watched any of the U of H games that Case played in. I have seen all Broncos game so far. Musgrave reminds me of what the Rams play calling was when Case & Geoff were part of it. At this rate the Broncos will be lucky to finish at .500. He has better weapons but his offense is as unimaginative as a Chevy Spark. It sparks by name only. Itā€™s a tin can on wheels. Thatā€™s Denverā€™s offense identity so far. Now read Bill Musgrave resume:

Everywhere he has gone he has been let go. So far he has showed absolutely nothing that leads me to believe that he should be in that position. This offense is not designed to put Case in the best position to use his talents. It is awesome that Case got paid & he deserves it. Just imagine if Case had an Andy Reid by his side? I will keep watching but this is way too predictable. I am an optimist hopefully there is going to be some Denver soul searching.

3 Likes

Heā€™s got the Jets next week. Thatā€™s a perfect opportunity for the OC to let Case gun it out for the whole game. You have to see what you have in your QB.

1 Like

No doubt case wouldā€™ve been an ideal fit for Andy Reid if they werenā€™t able to land mahomes.

There is no understating the play calling and its conservative nature. Sure Case has been in the league awhile but still Iā€™m sure he needs some confidence from his signal caller.

Itā€™s no doubt affecting how cautious heā€™s been on his throws - either going with a quick short out or throwing balls away rapidly. Heā€™s trying to avoid turnovers and this is leading to no aggressive throws. Even worse thereā€™s still turnovers anyway.

Case needs to just say F it and start flinging. Go out guns blazing.

1 Like

It is disappointing that he missed that throw, he definitely shouldā€™ve hit Thomas and that wouldā€™ve been the game winner.

However I think a telling sign is that Case has not thrown a touchdown pass in three games. Iā€™m not expecting to throw 3 TD passes a game like he did in the opener, but I would expect to see him at least throw 1 TD a game. You have multiple receivers which I would say are pretty good and yet youā€™re not utilizing them. Thatā€™s why I would say the playcalling is subpar.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1046995879855579137

not really. he will basically be alex smith. mahomes is a better passer and has a better arm than case so reid can open up his offense more.

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1046969587693170689

He gave them a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up the lead. He drove them into field goal range and missed one throw, but itā€™s all Caseā€™s fault. Yeah, anyone saying that is an utter moron.

9 Likes

honestly their defense was gased. chiefs dominated the TOP. Plus Mahomes was making ridiculous plays. Not much you can do.

1 Like

if only our beloved Coogs received your forgiveness with such grace

4 Likes

Iā€™m seeing on twitter Thomas did not run his route the way Case expected him to. He was slow out of his cuts. That being said, Case has to play better. This was not a good KC defense they played and he did not have a TD pass for the third straight game. Thatā€™s obviously not good. Iā€™m a big fan so hope he figures it out.

1 Like

its ok to have a different opinion about a UH cougar football player.

Case will forever be endeared to my heart. I can not say how happy I am he has ensured his financial well being in the NFL. That being said he is making mistakes. He has to be able to complete the throw to Thomas last night. Is he getting a lot of help? Probably not, but he has to do his job. I think he would tell everyone the same.

1 Like