2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

322 yds and 2 Td. Hopefully he’ll build on this vs Arizona

Broncos should be winning but dumb Sanders.

1 Like

The last two games
92-323
60-270
You can’t stop the run? You can’t expect to win.
Thomas or Sanders are making dumb plays game after game. At this level it is not tolerable. It is crystal clear for me that musgrave has to have Case taking chances.

3 Likes

Check this:

You can go back to 2017 or other seasons & compare it to this season. It is glaring why any QB needs luck to succeed in the NFL. Shurmur & musgrave could not be any more different.

3 Likes

A team that is able to run well can control the clock, the pace, and rest their defense.

Players with ability are great but to compete consistently you need intelligent players. Intelligent players know their weaknesses and strengths and find ways to win.

1 Like

Needs luck? If you have success in the league it’s most likely not because of luck.

1 Like

Who played better at quarterback, Goff or Case?

1 Like

That’s a good question. the easier question to answer is who has the better O-Line? Goff or Case?

1 Like

Incorrect. Case played better, but rams running back put up 200 yards. Goff’s numbers for the day were horrible.

2 Likes

I hope they can do something about the line. Even just a small improvement will make a huge difference.

3 Likes

To be fair, Goff was sacked 4 times in the first half alone. Gurley was averaging over 7 yards a carry. With a 13-3 lead at halftime, Goff’s job should have been handing it off to Gurley until he was too tired to run and then handing it off to the Brown. It’s not like Goff is some 5 time pro bowl 10 year veteran. He is 24. The age Keenum was his first year with the Texans.

Its not necessarily the line but the way the plays are designed. Last season the vikings OL was average to poor. Shurnur designed plays for Case to extend the play & pass while scrambling. The espn numbers that I posted earlier are black & white. Musgrave has no business being in this position.

4 Likes

Oh I totally agree that the plays need to be adjusted. And I also agree about extending the play. That is why I feel that if the line could be improved just enough so Case could extend plays and make things happen. Currently they can’t run the ball, they can’t pass defend well enough to keep from getting a holding called, and they can’t even buy him enough time before yes start running for his life or get sacked.

However Musgrave is terrible to say the least. Unfortunately I don’t think any changes in any fashion will be made there. That is why I am hoping that they could at least fix up the line. And if the right tackle tore his ACL like they think, they will be forced to make some adjustments soon.

5 Likes

The OL is definitely an issue, but Case needs to be more consistent at hitting his passes and making quicker reads, especially on short and medium passes. And stop taking huge sacks.

He can’t fix the Broncos by himself, but I’m sure he would agree that there are some basic things he should be executing better.

3 Likes

I think Case is injured, he just doesn’t seem to be moving like he normally does to me. Anyone else see it?

He got rocked pretty hard right before halftime and they checked him out for concussion. A couple of weeks ago he got pretty dazed looking on a fumble. I would certainly be nervous on my feet with that kind of blocking, and I do wonder if he’s feeling some aftereffects.

4 Likes

Have to roll Case out. Give him some time to throw.

3 Likes

This game is nationally televised turn on your fox TV station

Good looking out. Home team game or cougar great :thinking: no compromises

1 Like

He ran our play!!! He ran our play!!! TD