2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

The Packers were 6-9 this year. With Aaron Rodgers, who started 11 games.

5 Likes

Flacco is washed up. Stupid trade by the Broncos. Meanwhile, Viking fans have really soured on Cousins. I would like to see Case go to NY Giants. Arizona is a horrid franchise, always has been always will be as long as the name Bidwell is involved with the ownership.

4 Likes

Being 6 foot puts him at a disadvantage in the pocket, the lines he has had had have been very bad. The Vikings line in 17 was tbe best one he had and they got worse as the season progressed. Flacco will get destroyed in Denver.

2 Likes

There are other six foot QBs that are doing just fine. I think itā€™s more a function of not having any talent around him.

3 Likes

To the Texans, Rams, Vikings and Broncos:

2 Likes

Would be the perfect fit. Him and Dak are similar QBs so the offense would be easy for him to take over. I thought the Cowboys should have picked him up two years ago, hopefully if they get the chance again they donā€™t screw it up. Plus Case was a Cowboys fan growing up (as any self respecting Texan outside of Harris county is).

Case hurt his knee in the 2nd game this year. Still not 100% ā€¦

1 Like

Well, I am a huge Case fan, no matter where he plays, whether he plays, whether he starts, or whether heā€™s a back-up. I think he can be a really good starter if given adequate players around him. I am pulling for him and for any team he plays on.

10 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you red80. To the point of annoying friends and family. :grin:. Iā€™m not an NFL fan or a Texans fan, but a Case Keenum fan.

I think unfortunately Case has spent nearly his entire career on bad teams, or at least teams with bad OL. Itā€™s probably true of many qb ā€œbustsā€. We all saw what he could do last year with a good OL and a competent coach. Off the top of my head I canā€™t think of any QBs that took over for Case that had better success with the same team.

Iā€™m not saying heā€™s a HOFer or even Pro Bowler, but heā€™s carved himself out a nice careerā€¦ Much better than the NFL front office brains ever thought heā€™d do.

7 Likes

Well said both of you. I think a lot of people forget what kind of teams heā€™s been on. Honestly, he is only been on one team that had an average to better than average offensive line, a good running back, a good set of wide receivers, and a good defense. That team was Minnesota. The rest of those teams were pretty much a dumpster fire.

Some people try to say that Minnesota team carried him but itā€™s funny how Kirk Cousins was supposed to be a better quarterback and take them to the next level yet they didnā€™t even make the playoffs with the same team that Case played with.

Bottom line is Case is a good NFL quarterback in spite of the hand he has been dealt and what statistics may show. That is not being biased, that is a fact. If he can get one more chance at a team that has those qualities you will see that team go to the playoffs and have potential to win big games. Not in spite of him but because of him.

8 Likes

Bill Belichick is truly a football genius, year in and year out his O-Line is never 2nd best in my opinion, especially in big games! Patriotsā€™ O-Line always do its job at keeping Brady upright so that he can make those big throws! Thatā€™s the main secret to the Patriotsā€™ success!

3 Likes

Is this the Case Keenum thread or not? Just asking.

1 Like

There is no QB that played better than Case in those teams that he had played for and thatā€™s why you couldnā€™t think of one! Remember, Jared Goff went 0-6 replacing Case!

4 Likes

Sucks for Case, at least he got paid and is set for life, not too bad at his age and Iā€™m sure he still has some years left as a backup.

2 Likes

What Minnesota did differently with him is have him throw the ball downfield more often.

3 Likes

He did make it in the NFL. The fact we are discussing his career 8 years after he left UH proves everyone was wrong about him. He made it.

10 Likes

And allowed him to move around as well.

Denver wanted him to stay in the pocket, with a subpar offensive line, and play conservative. Thatā€™s never been Caseā€™s strength.

4 Likes

So now we have 2 Case Keenum threads. I canā€™t run! :tired_face::stuck_out_tongue:

Can this thread be merged with Caseā€™s?

Itā€™s ok Chris, just messing was subject matter. I was told not to open up Case thread(so I donā€™t) if I didnā€™t want to read about all the excuses on why he is not successful in NFL. Itā€™ll just reappear again somewhere else.