Case Keenum signed to Houston Texans

Case is one of the classiest guys to ever wear our uniform. He always took the time to sign an autograph or talk to a kid. There is a reason he and his wife are treated like Cougar Royalty when they come back to campus.

11 Likes

Can’t wait until he becomes the HC at UH :heart_eyes::dart::fire:

5 year plan

9 Likes

Ha, I meant Mills, is Mills going to start or is there going to be a competition?

He gone! He converted that 4th & 20 last season that cost the Texans the #1 pick!

1 Like

Is the left tackle any good?

The Bengals were the only team Yates ever played worth a hoot against when he was with the Texans.

1 Like

Somebody call PE and let him know we’re back baby

3 Likes

Interesting you mention the LT. I was hoping last year that Laremy Tunsil would be traded and the Texans would take a LT in the first round. Tunsil is the 3rd highest paid LT in the league and has good trade value. I would consider trading Tunsil this year for multiple picks including a first rounder. Use one of the first round selections to take a LT.

2 Likes

Alert the local radio sports talk shows to let the bashing begin !!!

Think of how many of those idiot dbags have come and especially gone when they were saying he would never be an NFL quarterback. Paybacks are hell.

3 Likes

For Saban

Joe, do you know if anyone has actually asked Case if he wants to coach after retiring from pro football? If so, was the answer yes?

BTW, how many of the talk show hosts that claimed Case would never be an NFL player or never last more than a year or two, because they said he was “definitely not an NFL caliber QB” are still working here in Houston? Pallillo? Lord? Who else?

3 Likes

Matt Thomas and Ross Villareal.

I maintained all those years ago that he should’ve been drafted. Matt and Ross were merciless with me on the radio, playing orchestra music in the middle of my call. I told Greg Koch that they all messed up and he should have been drafted. Thank goodness Kubiak gave him the shot he needed as well as Jeff Fisher. Then the idiot in Minnesota was too proud to admit he screwd up and traded him off for a qb that they couldn’t afford to protect and build a team around. Tben he goes to Elway and gets made the scapegoat for the their left tackle who was a holding machine. Then off to Washington and they had absolutely no defense and to top it off their all pro left tackle cried and quit about being mistreated for an injury. Never any help for Case, even the pick six in the nfc championship game went on him but the right tackle missed his block.

7 Likes

Could this thread be moved into the existing Case’s thread? Thank you.

2 Likes

You don’t get rid of pro bowl level LTs. You pay them.

1 Like

One UH QB out. Another in.
Kyle and Josh Allen tight from Jordan Palmer’s QB training.

Glad Kyle landed with the Bills.

1 Like

I never thought Keenum would be back with the Texans. It definitely has me thinking more positively about them.

9 Likes

Between the Case Keenum signing and the Demeco Ryans hire, I’ll be paying more attention to the Texans than I have in almost a decade.

3 Likes

IMO Case will start. The biggest question is what the Texans franchise do with their pick? Trade it and improve the OL? This is a good read from the new Texans H.C.