CDH Radio Show Tonight (10/5) 7PM - Woodrow's

Seems like they weren’t aware of how far behind we were. But like someone mentioned this should have been caught in the off-season. The injuries are unpredictable but that’s not really why we are 2-3.

2 Likes

Exactly what I think. I think Dana took it a bit easy this off-season & complacency set in with the preseason hype. The mindset is molded in camp & it’s on the coach to create that environment.

1 Like

He has blamed the OL ever since he got here. It’s his easy excuse for not doing his job. This is the biggest con in UH history.

12 Likes

I think Mack Brown wanted our OL coach Jones at UNC but we paid more to keep him. Guess he regressed as well.

1 Like

Hopefully he works on fundamentals such as catching, blocking and TACKLING.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1577806884635136000?s=46&t=GVJZ2o7WBbUiymvJPWonhA

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1577807171605217284?s=46&t=GVJZ2o7WBbUiymvJPWonhA

1 Like

https://twitter.com/espn975/status/1577737249516670976?s=46&t=y49IP4tYqYN_ZxFaDSf26w

1 Like

Agreed. CDH does not excel at public relations, however. By contrast Bill Yeoman would not play golf during the season because of the optics.

2 Likes

Frankly this is the same message we have heard before.
Saying the same thing is one thing. Doing the same thing on the field for five weeks now is a pattern. Thankfully there are more games to play.
I will evaluate CDH after the season. ACTIONS speak better than any interview.

1 Like

It is definitely the time for change: it is necessary. IF Dana is able to pull this off, that would be awesome. If not, well, change may still be necessary.

Either way, Go Coogs!

3 Likes

The tackling has been so bad… Especially by the secondary.

5 Likes

The arm tackling has been Brilesque

3 Likes

And the “big hit” tackling without wrapping up… Just freaking form-tackle already…

5 Likes

We have a couple of guys who don’t even make the big hit - they just kind of run that direction and…hope?

In his Monday presser, DH seemed to indicate that the bye week might be the time that some significant changes are made. This kind of goes along with his point that there really isn’t enough time during a regular week to effectively make huge changes.

I think there’s a lot riding on this week’s game, aside from just the need to get a win.

4 Likes

This turned into a candid thread

Lose tomorrow and we have two weeks to stew over it without the possibility of a win next week to cool off some of the steam. We’d be better off without an open week considering how the season is going.

Coach V you seemed to think highly of Belk just wondering if your opinion of him is still the same.

No change. He’s trying to replace 3 NFL draft picks. His defense has scored a couple of TDs and given the ball in a good spot in another. The tackling has been bad. The late breakdowns are troubling. The Tulane game, they only gave up 14 points in regulation.

He’s still a very good coach, got his kids playing hard but they make mistakes and tackle poorly.

People talk about 4th & 20 all the time. Fact is, Tech ran 105 plays. But the time that happened those kids were gassed and someone blew an assignment. Yeah, it’s an excuse, I know.

My opinion, bottom line, is unchanged. Oh, he is one helluva a recruiter.

4 Likes

Isn’t it a bit late in the year to make these kind of changes?!? :joy::joy::joy: :sob::sob::sob:

Thanks,

Just a frustrating year so far.