Cedric Alley transferring?

Now why would you want to degrade a school that provided half of your college education? You know how we hated being called Cougar High, I’m sure Sam alumni hate that the same.

I almost came to UH after 1st year at Sam but I really liked SHSU and settled in there so I stayed. Most people that know me after my Sam days think I am a Coog grad. There’s a couple on here like me but I wish there were more in Hou area when you have such as large Metro area to pull from and many cases the School they graduated from is far away.

2 Likes

Mike, I think you misunderstood him. He actually graduated from H.S. in Huntsville…hence Huntsville High . Home of the mighty Hornets!

2 Likes

Good call Jess! Moved to Huntsville in 78 and left in 92. Attended all of grade school and a couple of years at SHSU. I really did attend Huntsville High…home of Coogs QB Chuck Clements.

2 Likes

Yep Clements is working at Westside Lexus btw. Very nice gentleman! When were you at SAM .

Was at Sam 90-92.

Funny thing… My parents were also going to Sam at the same time, but working on their MBAs. I was taking first and second year business classes…and we were pretty much taking the same classes from the same professors…just with different names and course numbers. My parents were those older student curve killers in their classes.

1 Like

Too funny. At SHSU 78-83.

You were lucky to live so close to the Farmhouse Cafe…

Please accept my humble apology.

2 Likes

Dang Mike - Relax, ready time pounce lol.

Home of Alan Polk, really good Coog running back…and Lloyd Archie, perhaps one of the most gifted receivers we ever recruited here but unfortunately he could never qualify…

In 1994-1995 it was…

We were talking current situation for Alley.

Not me Butch, I prefer not to see someone I really like and feel is a Cougar at heart playing for rice and against our Coogs. I hope he goes lower level and thrives and still considers us his home once he graduates.

I think he will always be a Coog. But if he isn’t at UH a Rice grad does well in life normally. But I see your point but I would much rather him not end up at evil empire or Agy hi lol

Depends On what he majors in at Rice. I can tell you firsthand folks who were pushed there cause it sounded good on paper graduate and get the same jobs as everyone else. Degree meant nothing unless your majoring in something specialized.

Only one option if he wants to go somewhere locally where basketball is still cherished. Not a backseat for football.

I hope he graduates.

1 Like

He went to Klein forest, Klein intermediate and McDougle elementary. Klein intermediate and McDougle are inside the beltway down toward hollister and 249.

I am hearing there’s a good change he ends up at SFA

Nice program

3 Likes

Best of luck to Cedric. Appreciated his hustle and in back of my mind was hoping he’d try the Antonio Gates switch to TE. :slight_smile:

1 Like