Chad Morris Gone (up for Auburn OC job)

Fired by Arkansas

Hire him as OC and let CDH focus on other things.

8 Likes

Chad Morris was adored on this board back when he was at Clemson. He was the peopleā€™s choice to replace Levine while he was still here. Then Herman showed up on the radar and smu nabbed Morris. Iā€™d say we ended up the winners in that sweepstakes.

5 Likes

There man checked all the boxes to be a successful head coach on paper. But didnā€™t perform at SMU and failed up to Arkansas where shockingly he didnā€™t perform there either.

7 Likes

I hope CDH goes after Gentry from North Shore. Heā€™s committed to Ark.

Another one bites the dust after < 2 years.

UH sets the standard and other follow-suit. I donā€™t remember a time when a coach was fired after 2 years until the Coogs did it. I think we set a trend.

I also think weā€™re setting a trend with red-shirting upper classmen. I predict if we break out next season, all programs will be doing it during rebuilding years.

5 Likes

Think they go after Norvell at Memphis?

If Memphis wants to keep Norvell, they should up his pay to $3.5M-$4M. If you want to be a big boy, you must act like a big boy. Fertitta has shown G5s what to do.

2 Likes

If he wants to go-Iā€™m sure he will listen but similar $ HC jobs will come that donā€™t involve the SEC West without many local 4 and 5 stars.

Ark just a tough spot to win these days since Petrino left.
Petrino went 10 and 3 then 11 & 2 his last 2 seasons of 2010 & 2011.
3 winning seasons since of 7/8/7 wins from 14-16.

Western Kentucky fired their coach about a month before we fired Applewhite after 2 seasons. Georgia Southern also fired their coach after 1.5 seasons.

1 Like

He did take SMU to. Bowl his third and final gear thereā€¦

I wonder if Thamel will say theres a clown show at Arkansas.

7 Likes

Heā€™s one of those guys that might need to remain a coordinator. The offense works, but nothing else he ā€œcoachedā€ look remotely close to decent. Weā€™ll hear how heā€™s still a bright mind and heā€™ll land somewhere in C-USA or the Sun Belt. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Like that is some spectacular accomplishment? Lmao

Wellā€¦ at SMU, it kind of is.

2 Likes

They went to multiple bowl games under june jonesā€¦its not that difficult to get 6 wins and go to a bowl game in a given year.

1 Like

Much more likely he does the failed coach standard year at Alabama and gets a P5 coordinador job for 2021.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a Clemson guy, I doubt heā€™d go to Bama. Maybe heā€™d take a similar role under Dabo.

They went to multiple bowl games under june jonesā€¦its not that difficult to get 6 wins and go to a bowl game in a given year.

The Houston Cougars say hello. :frowning:

5 Likes

If you want to get fire in 2 or 3 years go to Arkansas

1 Like