Chaney is officially eligible

It’s official he can play this year.

11 Likes

Sweet!

Yes!! I can’t wait to our team play small ball with him at the 5 and 4 guards around him. Run and gun!

1 Like

Good news!

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1304127532724355073

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1304129734398312449

4 Likes

Supposedly blocks a lot of shots!!! We can definitely use his inside presence!!!

THIS TEAM COULD BE BAD ASS!!!

5 Likes

Our Covington maybe

1 Like

Huge addition!
He will challenge Gorham for minutes and possibly play some center.
Another rebounder and defender who can switch everything

6 Likes

Great defender and strong. Dunks everything hard. Will do the dirty work and help us ease in Powell.

6 Likes

No one is going to push him off his block. Solid dozer of a player we got! Good for us…better for Reggie!

FIFY

3 Likes

I think pretty much all of his minutes are going to be at the 5 since he supposedly doesn’t have much range.

You’ll likely see him on the court together with Gorham, 4 guards, or Roberts if he can knock down 15 footers.

2 Likes

Good news.

This kid has a high motor. He’s scrappy and has a knack for rebounding. The perfect Sampson role player in my opinion. Great news!

Chaney Highlights

4 Likes

I’ve got tgo believe he will average more points here than at Arkansas. He is a year older, and the way our system is set up with second chance shots, he should average more. Hopwfully a decent FT shooter.

I am EXCITED about this kid. Great hustle and can make some moves to get to the basket - EXACTLY what we need.

this year is shaping up…

Coach Bishop has added so much muscle onto Reggie compared to that 19-20 highlight video. He’s going to be in beast-mode all the time!!!

Not worried about the stats. As long as he does his job I am good and some of that will not show on the stats. We have a lot of guys who can score so much will be dependent on what his role is and how much he plays.

2 Likes

Agreed on that. If he gives us a solid 15-20 minutes a game with ~4pts/4rebs at a high FG% with solid defense it will have been a great pick up. That’s pretty much what Gresham did last year and he was a solid contributor.

4 Likes