Changes to the four-game redshirt rule?

https://footballscoop.com/news/changes-may-be-on-the-table-to-the-ncaas-four-game-redshirt-rule/

We are always the trendsetter.

4 Likes

Dome, Veer, African American athlete, Run and shoot
,what else is new.

3 Likes

Yeah, they are going to change it.

3 Likes

2 games from 4 is my guess.

4 Likes

Lol at all this drama. What a ## red herring. Players are being paid right and left and they’re putting their foot down because of “bad optics” regarding a red shirt rule?

Lololololol

18 Likes

This is ridiculous. They give these student athletes just a little leeway, a little power, they play a little chess with it now they want it back.

11 Likes

‘Houston Transfer Portal Rule’

1 Like

since we are being mentioned in every red shirt rule article it must mean we have taken the most advantage of the rule compared to other teams. All I can say is good, it shows we have the smartest coaching staff to figure it out to our advantage.

If they change it immediately it also means we will be the only team to take full advantage of the rule without breaking it.

6 Likes

If Alabama or Texas had done this they would be hailed as geniuses.

13 Likes

The Dana Holgorsen rule

6 Likes

So the West Virginia AD has an issue with something CDH has done? Surprising

11 Likes

Because they believe D’Eriq is coming back?

2 Likes

“In my role, I’m worried about the 120 guys in the locker room, not just the one individual. In a lot of cases, the one individual is getting a lot of publicity for not playing any further. A lot of that erodes what you’re trying to do in the locker room to build a team. And they’re the ones making a decision rather than a coach determining the playing time of a student-athlete.”

There’s good news for you, Mr. Lyons. Don’t use the rule this way if you think it will hurt your team. But just because you don’t like what it might do to your locker room doesn’t mean the rule should be scrapped for everyone else. Geez! This reminds me so much of people hating on James Harden. Every year he figures out how to use the rules to his advantage, and every year those who aren’t smart enough or skilled enough to do what he does whine and complain about how unfair it is and how the optics are bad.

3 Likes

now isn’t that interesting? Had not made the connection but if the same people that are saying he isn’t coming back are the same people bashing us for red shirting him then they do look rather foolish.

Either way it should not matter to us. Being politically correct will not win games. We should be pleased we have a coach that is focusing on winning and not whining.

1 Like