Chris Harris

I’m not saying he is a terrible player as he’s playing college ball and im not, but man he cost us some big possessions against UK…

He could be elite especially with his size, but it’s obvious why he went the Juco route and didn’t go straight to D1. He needs to make huge improvements in the off season

1 Like

He went JUCO because of grades. He was orginally part of the signing class with House and Knowles but didn’t make it in.

2 Likes

He tries hard. His offense is slow to materialize.

1 Like

I don’t think Chris Harris is the reason we lost to Kentucky and a little unfair. He had some games in the conference tourney where his limited minutes had a positive impact.

If you combined Brady, Gresham, and Harris for a game worth of stats, it would be very good for a college 5. I think we need to get more production out of the 4 spot. Gorham should help along with a healthy Fabian who can practice all summer.

4 Likes

He has obvious weaknesses. He also made a lot of positive contributions throughout the season with blocked shots, rebounds, drawing fouls, and some dunks mixed in.

2 Likes

Think he had a great year , like all our PLAYERS !!

3 Likes

He’s obviously got some offensive work to do. And that’s ok. Hopefully, he develops a bit more of an offensive game in the off-season. But he’s already a valuable contributed on defense and the glass.

2 Likes

Noooo. Wrong info. That was Izundu

1 Like

Yep, that’s right. I had them mixed up.

This guy needs to get stronger and start showing some real fire and emotion when he is in the game. The big guys in the middle were nothing but fouling machines for a lot of the games this year.

Chris Harris is the only big we had that “looked” the part physically in my opinion. However, none of our bigs “played the part” most of the season and especially against Kentucky.

Bigs are like OL/DL in football…there aren’t many to go around so the blue bloods get most of them. Guards/forwards, just like WR/RB/DB in football are a little less exclusive to the blue bloods.

2 Likes

Corey Davis was off… plain and simple. He had many wide open looks and missed them. If he eve plays just average we win by 6+…

1 Like

Wasn’t with that class, but Harris was signed to Houston and would have come in 2015-16 along with Rob Gray, Galen Robinson, and Xavier Dupree.

You were right that it was grades that caused him to go to San Jac

1 Like

Chris would benefit from time spent with Elvin & Akeem working on his game. This young man has tons of potential.

1 Like

Bigs often take longer to develop. The thing I look at first to determine their potential is their hands. Guys that have good hands have way more offensive potential than guys that don’t. I would say this is the biggest area Harris needs to work on. Capela’s hands have gotten a lot better as he has matured and worked with John Lucas, so it can be done. I really like Harris’ athletic ability and hustle.

2 Likes

He had a 6-5 guy guarding him.

1 Like

You read my mind, Pack. Since the Rockets spend some time working out at UH, it would be awesome if CP3, Harden and Capela could spend a little time with our guards and bigs on pick and roll fundamentals. And one of our well-to-do boosters needs to pay for some time with John Lucas on free throw shooting. What he has done for Capela’s average is unbelievable.

2 Likes

That’s why I indicated that he missed plenty of OPEN LOOKS…

Not discounting UK’s D but Davis was off just like he was to start the season. All good… We’l be back!