https://x.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1729931980295262382?s=20

5 Likes

He ain’t wrong

3 Likes

What about Applewhite, coach? :joy:

3 Likes

Was that a riddle? Wow.

1 Like

He left us better how? He had nothing to do with getting us into the Big 12.

3 Likes

Demanding the football only facility

4 Likes

Wow - Sampson was decidedly upset about the Applewhite firing. Basically criticized the decision.

Seems to be more acquiescent here.

Just being diplomatic

10 Likes

Kelvin has class, and grace. Plus, he’s been through a lot, not the least of which is being bashed by those that hate to see the ascendency of Cougars basketball. You’re not likely to hear him say anything negative about another coach. He understands the sting.

7 Likes

What do you expect CKS to say? And Dana did leave here with us in better shape. We’re in the Big 12 and we’re getting a FOB. It was on his watch. Doesn’t matter if he had little to do with it.

1 Like

Coach chooses high road

5 Likes

CKS has spoken. Thank you Dana.

It was already in the works before he got hired. He just made that a reason why he wasn’t winning.

We’ll give him a lil more credit than that but yeah don’t disagree

Thank you Coach Sampson. You’re the best!

rofl

CMA be like:

Lonely Fran Healy GIF by Travis

2 Likes

I think we ought to bring him back and get our monies worth out of him. Saves on hiring new coach😂

Love CKS and his attitude(s) toward sports in general. But, I have to say that isn’t that what a coach is supposed to do?-meaning improve the program and make it better than he found it. Unfortunately all us humans have failures, but the true test for a top coach is how to recognize those failures in the program and try to fix them-and CKS has certainly done that. He will leave this program a lot better than he found it, but i bet he sees certain things he wishes he could fix in the program-and might not be able to. The next coach might.

The main thing that is better off now that CDH is gone is Dana’s bank account

CDH did help Tune and Dell get to the NFL. That helps our school’s perception. That’s at least one positive that we have to show from his tenure

1 Like