Classified Docs LOL

Does the archives get a list of classified document to cross reference?

1 Like

The issue is the over classification of govt information by the administrative state to protect themselves from being held accountable. I am guessing most if these docs dont contain information like “How to build a nuclear bomb” or the features of next generation fighter aircraft under development. Most likely it is just correspondence amongst the bureaucracy.

Without knowing what is in the documents, who has them , and where, we don’t know if that over classification is the root of the problem or not.

1 Like

I might be tempted to agree with some of that.

3 Likes

JohnnyCougar and Firstandten agreeing. Wow!

2 Likes

I’ve seen stranger things. :sunglasses:

Edit: he’s not as nasty as two others who will remain nameless but I think everyone knows to whom I am referring.

1 Like

The Archives only gets docs afterwards. They aren’t the source. They don’t know until they have some and find some are missing in a sequence, etc.

From archives.gov

What is the National Archives ?

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation’s record keeper. Of all documents and materials created in the course of business conducted by the United States Federal government, only 1%-3% are so important for legal or historical reasons that they are kept by us forever.

Those valuable records are preserved and are available to you, whether you want to see if they contain clues about your family’s history, need to prove a veteran’s military service, or are researching a historical topic that interests you.

3 Likes

Read the article though. It does say Carter had a few documents that he turned in and then went on to list all the other presidents who stated that they had no classified documents.

What Trump and Biden did was indefensible. Where they stored them is indefensible.

There could be something to that.

You think SHERLOCK?

LOL, I didn’t rob the bank, the bank’s rules for withdrawals were too strict.

1 Like

Very poor analogy.

Yeah, sorry, that doesn’t make sense.

You’re not allowing for perspective, which is your right, but it’s silly.

Look I hate Trump and had hoped he would be indicted by now. But there was no perspective when he was storing classified materials at Mar a Lago. There was no discussion about “ over classification” or “everybody does it”.

But now that Joe has classified materials in his garage you want to say that’s because there are too many classified documents and dog on it the process isn’t clear and hey look everyone does it.

It is what drives me crazy about the Dems (and the GOP for that matter) is that they have moral outrage when the other guy does it and convenient excuses when your guy does it.

If a document is stamped classified you protect as if it contains state secrets because it very well might. There is no grey area.

Plus you have Biden’s stupidity after the Mar a Lago raid. Stupidly is not a crime it is a condition and it is a condition that should preclude you from holding the highest office in the land. It shouldn’t launch an army of excuse makers.

“Perfect, is the enemy of good”.

Your quest for ideological purity blinds you to the differences between drumpf/Biden, and quite frankly drumpf/Pence.

You simply cannot acknowledge any difference. That’s your burden, not ours.

drumpf himself came out today, saying In a Truth Social post, Trump said that his former vice president is “an innocent man. He never did anything knowingly dishonest in his life. Leave him alone!!!”

He A) admitted Pence committed no wrong in refusing the overturning of a legitimate elections and
B ) Admitted that he, the former P.O.S in charge, was for sure knowingly dishonest.

Self owns are the best!

That saying “Perfect, is the enemy of good” is always uttered after someone screws up.

They both were incredibly irresponsible and the Dems new spin on things gives Trump his way out of this mess. If everyone mishandled classified docs, then Trump’s handling of the classified docs was in line with the other idiotic handling of classified documents.

But but but he told the FBI and the Biden administration to go F themselves. Well if everyone handled classified documents this way and he knew it, then the raid and press coverage was politically motivated and I would have told them to go F themselves as well. In fact I would have told them to start sequentially with prior white houses and clear their classified documents first and to get the hell off my lawn.

A decision to charge Trump, Pence, or Biden will come from the DOJ. Garland isn’t completely isolated from politics but charges will be brought if he thinks a successful prosecution is likely. Could be Ronald McDonald and Burger King instead of Trump and Biden. However is works out.

I agree, I bet nothing comes of this for anyone involved.

1 Like

I don’t think that applies here and I’ve heard no one say it (they’d be wrong if they did). That saying is more for stuff like vaccines where you often hear of anti-vaxxers say stupid crap like “people are still getting sick so that proves it doesn’t work!”.