Clayton Tune to Cardinals ! Good for him

Boom.

Connects w Josh Jones again

LFG

https://twitter.com/azcardinals/status/1652371429567139840?s=46&t=JFMWF6D7aDpy43TFXHHkhQ

25 Likes

Hard to believe we had a 5th rounder at QB.

If you came here and read anything about him, you would think he was one of the worst in the FBS.

Way to go, Clayton!!

36 Likes

whats the situation with Kyler Murray? he locked in with a contract?

dont expect Tune to jump Murray but QB in waiting potentially?

1 Like

Tune could get game time this season. Colt a scrapper but limited. His style makes it tough to last.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/arizona-cardinals-2023-nfl-draft-tracker

6 Likes

He kinda was at one point. Learning to slow down and go through his progressions after the hamstring injuries along with his size got him to the NFL.

2 Likes

Not after the Navy game last year. He made a major improvement that most Coogfans acknowledged

1 Like

Tune has some real pluses and there are reasons he went in the 5th while many GMs saw great value with him on the 3rd day

1 Like

Many of us on here knew Tune’s value and ability. Unfortunately too many were angry that King left and took it out on Tune. Clayton was a very, very good QB for us; he and Tank and carried us this season.

16 Likes

Happy for Tune. New head coach. Lots of veteran QBs in that room. Tune’s advantage: he’s a less expensive backup. AZ cannot continue to slide the second half of the season, otherwise you have to look at your QB situation.

I think the Cards made a huge mistake giving Murray that huge contract and now have that albatross hung around their necks.

2 Likes

Rams should have taken Tune in the 4th round instead of Stetson Bennett.

8 Likes

Right he only won 2 Nattys

No doubt better than Tune

I am happy for Tune! I wish him the best.

2 Likes

This probably removes Colt McCoy from their roster.

Murray had knee surgery. Not 100% physically.

Tune should make their roster.

2nd QB after Kolb drafted by the same team.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, maybe Tune would have won two natties on that UGA team. You have to admit they were loaded with talent at every position.

7 Likes

That defense… :ok_hand:

Kolb was not drafted by the Cards, he was drafted by the Eagles.

6 Likes

Kolb was drafted by Philly

1 Like