Cleveland State is Interesting

In his post-game, CKS talked about the respect he has for coach gates. CKS will make sure we play to our culture even if it means beating a guy he respects by 40-ish. Go Coogs!!

Let’s Beat Cleveland State!

1 Like

Cleveland State is better than ECU so this is a game we can lose. Stop acting like whorns.

24 Likes

The line I have seen has us a 19 point favorite. And some of the ESPN smarts are predicting a loss?

Haven’t seen/heard any analysts say we will lose to Cleveland St.

Not impossible. They rank higher than ECU in Ken Pom

1 Like

We should have won anyway, but not having Quentin for the ECU game was killer.

A reminder to some, this is a fan board and we have no impact on the game. We can be as overzealous as we want. Let people enjoy the lead up to a game we are given a 98% chance of winning.

Coogs by 20+

10 Likes

We’ll win this one by double digits.

PRINT IT!!!

1 Like

So how does such a team deserve to be in the dance over Memphis or WSU?

Just as much as Gonzaga does. You win your Tournament you get in. It’s all inclusive. And thats the way it should be, for every sport.

11 Likes

You forget alot of us are superstitious. So its more of a mojo thing than an actual problem.

1 Like

My way back recollection seems CSU did upset someone

There is also a “don’t want to become Whorn-like” thing. We can enjoy our place in the tournament, the fact that we’re favored and do it with just a touch one grain of humility and thus be a great shining beacon of what a fanbase should be like. We wouldn’t want success to change us from that would we?

2 Likes

They made the Sweet Sixteen back in 1986 as a 14 seed.

That had never been done before.

2 Likes

It’s the whole automatic bid thing if you win your conference tournament.

1 Like

I agree with the comment about not wanting to become Texas-like fans. Say what you want about CSU, but they have a good coach and they have the best defense in their conference. They’ll be playing with a chip on their shoulder as an underdog, and they’re coached to play hard on every possession. The last time we were in the tournament we played in against teams with below average defenses in the first round.

I still think we win against CSU, but in college basketball, especially the NCAA tournament, teams get upset all the time. Hell, Memphis gave us a run for our money two games in a row, and they didn’t even make the tournament. And that’s because they play defense. Let’s just say I have a lot of respect for the mid major basketball programs. You don’t have to play in a P5 conference to have a good basketball team.

10 Likes

Imho
a good tough game would suit us better than a 40-point blow-down.

2 Likes

That makes no sense. A blowout allows our underclassmen to get into the Tournament lights and get away any stagefright or overhyped nerves. It will also keep our stars legs fresh for Sunday.

4 Likes

A blowout is better, although I don’t expect one. It would give our entire roster an opportunity to play because as the tournament advances, the less likely some will not get to step foot on the court.