Climate change health risk study

Not sure I’d call that a study. In any event, the author of it is confusing climate and weather. They aren’t the same thing.

There is a lot going on in driving down those deaths most of which isn’t weather related.

2 Likes

Trust the science unless it does not support your hypothesis

I’m explaining the science, at least the basics of it in terms of definitions. This guy doesn’t understand it or is conflating topics intentionally. Pretty big red flag that stuck out quickly.

And one random TV meteorologist (who didn’t graduate from college, look him up) doesn’t change “science.”

2 Likes

I’m perpetually a hair’s breadth from being banned. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Anthony Watts is a senior fellow for environment and climate at The Heartland Institute. Watts has been in the weather business both in front of, and behind the camera as an on-air television meteorologist since 1978, and currently does daily radio forecasts. He has created weather graphics presentation systems for television, specialized weather instrumentation, as well as co-authored peer-reviewed papers on climate issues. He operates the most viewed website in the world on climate, the award-winning website

He’s a former TV weatherman that didn’t graduate from college.

You can find “scientists” with better credentials that say the earth is flat. That doesn’t make it true or make it science.

3 Likes

Bill gates didn’t graduate from college, hold my beer

He’s also not a scientist.

3 Likes

BTW, the Heartland Institute also denies that smoking causes cancer. The Tobacco companies used their “studies” in the 1990s.

Always check your sources.

6 Likes

Jfournet,
Good advice about checking sources. You’ve stumbled upon a deniers nest that
pretends to be presenting “ real science”. Read up on them.

3 Likes

Confirmation bias is a hella of a drug.

5 Likes

You knew what the climate taliban would do with that. LOL

1 Like

I’ve worked in oil and gas for 15+ years since I graduated from UH the first time. I’m an external ambassador for my company and have defended our industry in public multiple times. I’d hardly consider someone with that background part of the climate taliban.

That said, I’ll call out nonsense when I see it. This kind of stuff doesn’t help.

7 Likes

Profit is more important than Earth

2 Likes

Yep, said he wasn’t a scientist, then when i pointed out this their boy Gates did not graduate from college and also does not meet their definition of being a scientist, crickets …

Someone put up a climate study Bill Gates did?

2 Likes

Crickets? I responded. I even said Bill Gates isn’t a scientist. What are you talking about?

The only crickets are coming from you responding to anything brought up. I expect another pivot and deflection coming next.

3 Likes

What study on climate did Gates publish?

1 Like

He has no fit into this conversation. He was brought up to deflect from the clear issue with the source.

2 Likes

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com